Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I believe Cheick will get his chance this season and take it. He's by far the best defensive midfielder we currently have and Pardew has killed him by making him some sort of deep playmaker which he most certainly doesn't have the attributes for. Pair him with Wijnaldum as the box-to-box midfielder in centre mid and tell him to sit/protect and only play simple passes. Have De Jong or Perez as the number 10 and our spine will look a lot more solid.

He has to get onto the bench, first. No idea what's going with him and McShteve.

McShteve had him on the bench in the fucking Dutch league during his prime. That tells you how shit he (rightly) thinks he is.

Yet his alternative defensive midfield duo Anita and Colback have managed to turn us into a midfield shambles which can't defend or attack. I would agree with Unbelievable if there wasn't talk Tiote wants away, unless he gets his attitude sorted out, he won't be getting anywhere near the first team.

Well, yeah, that strengthens my point about McClaren's perception of Tiote, doesn't it. :lol:

It's really time to change your username to TRigger.

I believe Cheick will get his chance this season and take it. He's by far the best defensive midfielder we currently have and Pardew has killed him by making him some sort of deep playmaker which he most certainly doesn't have the attributes for. Pair him with Wijnaldum as the box-to-box midfielder in centre mid and tell him to sit/protect and only play simple passes. Have De Jong or Perez as the number 10 and our spine will look a lot more solid.

He has to get onto the bench, first. No idea what's going with him and McShteve.

McShteve had him on the bench in the fucking Dutch league during his prime. That tells you how shit he (rightly) thinks he is.

Yet his alternative defensive midfield duo Anita and Colback have managed to turn us into a midfield shambles which can't defend or attack. I would agree with Unbelievable if there wasn't talk Tiote wants away, unless he gets his attitude sorted out, he won't be getting anywhere near the first team.

Well, yeah, that strengthens my point about McClaren's perception of Tiote, doesn't it. :lol:

It's really time to change your username to TRigger.

Nah it just calls into question McClaren's perception of what works in midfield. I'm hoping it's just down to not knowing the players well enough yet under match day pressure, and he'll put things right sooner rather than later.

Think McLaren also said he wsa the most suited to the PL.

Tiote has shown at some stage he can be a regular in a decent PL side. Cannot say the same fro the current inhabitants in CM.

I agree, I like Anita but unless Tiotes attitude and/or relationship with McLaren is irreparable I'd like to see him in the side with Wijnaldum in the middle.

The last thing we need is another player in the team who doesn't give a f***. Even more so when it's one who is totally s**** in the first place.

The spine of our team is utterly laughable.

We could do with a decent central midfielder in January. Then again a decent LB, CB and CF is needed too.

Twisting what? You and others think our squad is more than adequate for mid-table. You're fucking having a laugh mate, or you're on the bottle again.

Yeah, I think with a good manager there's enough to be around mid table.

And you're twisting shit because you only say "more than adequate" but not for what thus implying something people don't actually say or believe.

Do you think our squad is more than adequate for mid-table?

'Yes.'

Right, you're delusional.

I didn't use the term and I wouldn't go as far as 'more than' adequate. It's adequate enough to be mid table and I consider you delusional got thinking otherwise.

Which drug do you trust?

Do you think our squad is more than adequate for mid-table?

'Yes.'

Right, you're delusional.

I didn't use the term and I wouldn't go as far as 'more than' adequate. It's adequate enough to be mid table and I consider you delusional got thinking otherwise.

Which drug do you trust?

:bob:

Here if you need to talk, man.

Twisting what? You and others think our squad is more than adequate for mid-table. You're f***ing having a laugh mate, or you're on the bottle again.

Yeah, I think with a good manager there's enough to be around mid table.

And you're twisting s*** because you only say "more than adequate" but not for what thus implying something people don't actually say or believe.

Our central defence is a joke, we have little-to-no presence in midfield and we've got one striker with any physicality. Our squad isn't a midtable one.

Highlighted as a "bad egg" on Sunday Supplement.

BUt loads of shite about needing an "English heart" and bigged up Colback. So... you know.

I saw that and it was JOhn Richardson who reckons there is more than one bad egg in the dressing room who want to be away. This is a management issue for me, you would expect a new manager to be able to gee up previously disillusioned players, but then McClaren didn't really rate him much before he came here. I think he's making a rod for his own back by making Colback the fulcrum of the team.

It is imbalanced but has enough talent to be midtable with good manager

What do you think is actually midtable about our squad? A midtable team has a solid spine, we don't. I'd say our natural position with this team is about 15th. Until we buy a proper defender, a combative central midfielder and a competent striker (as back up to Mitrovic, at the very least), that's how it'll remain.