Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

It is imbalanced but has enough talent to be midtable with good manager

What do you think is actually midtable about our squad? A midtable team has a solid spine, we don't. I'd say our natural position with this team is about 15th. Until we buy a proper defender, a combative central midfielder and a competent striker (as back up to Mitrovic, at the very least), that's how it'll remain.

Spot on. We needed to get in a big solid centre back, a proper replacement for Tiote (not the diddy men) and a proven goal scorer target man. It's a lot to pin your hopes on an unproven 20 year old Serb.

Do you think our squad is more than adequate for mid-table?

'Yes.'

Right, you're delusional.

I didn't use the term and I wouldn't go as far as 'more than' adequate. It's adequate enough to be mid table and I consider you delusional got thinking otherwise.

Which drug do you trust?

:bob:

Here if you need to talk, man.

[emoji38] cheers buddy :thup:

Anyone see Sunday supplement? John Richardson of the Express named Tiote as on of few bad apples poisoning squad.

The whole panel was also unanimous is saying foreigners don't like the North East  :lol:

I saw it, but the bit about foreigners not liking the north east is bullshit. When we used to be a CL club and also in Keegan's first stint, they were queueing up to come here. Can't really blame foreigners for not caring when the owner doesn't.

I hate this bullshit about the north east been like some sort of hillbilly back water in the middle of nowhere, I flew to London last week in 55 mins, England is smaller than most American states and the lazy jornos still blame our location and demanding fans as the reason we are shit

Interesting comments about him on Supplement. Of course, the North East shite is bollocks, but I can imagine the stuff about him not wanting to play may well be true. Probably got a deal close for January and is desperate to not get injured again.

I think we've brought some good characters into the club, over the Summer, and the quicker they put their stamp on the dressing room, the better.

Anyone see Sunday supplement? John Richardson of the Express named Tiote as on of few bad apples poisoning squad.

The whole panel was also unanimous is saying foreigners don't like the North East  :lol:

I believe something like this can be true. I have seen teams play shit before, but nothing like the shit that has been served since the league started. Why this has not been taken care of before is beyond me. But at least they can have them play in the reserves, and fine them for unprofessional behaviour until they fuck off in January.

I don't know what their wages are like, so I can't comment on that.

However if there is unrest/dispute/poisoned mood amongst the likes of Tiote, Cisse and Sissoko, and I believe it is, it just adds to the other things that are discussed in numerous threads here.

This could probably been avoided had this cancerous club been operated differently. I mean, if you setup a club to run on profit like Mike Ashley does, and in the process make sure to p*ss of the fans and continuously and repeatedly make the same disastrous decisions, then you are bound to fail and crash hard.

I bet they have sold the "stepping stone"-argument to every f***er (apart from Colback  :lol: and Williamson  :lol:) on the pitch. The strategy is clear: buy young players to make a profit on sales later. When said players are not being sold fast enough after making an exellent/good/decent impact they eventually get p*ssed. Tiote, Cisse and Sissoko should have been sold a long time ago. After all, all we care about is cash and maximize profit....

Basically, Newcastle needs to shift players faster to defend the "stepping stone"-argument. Under the current setup, players only come here to move to bigger clubs. Newcastle are in no way trying to be competitive. It's a sad, sad situation. The current group of players is unbalanced and in no way setup to play together.

What I don't understand is the thought process behind our squad building policy. If Tiote has been a problem player, then why let Abeid go for peanuts when he's the only other player who has the athleticism to press the ball from the holding DM position on his own?

If Cisse is another problem player, then why go into a season with a 20 year old unproven Serb as the only alternative? Not saying this to slag off Mitrovic, but it's a massive leap of faith to expect him to hit the ground running.

Then we offer Coloccini an extension to his contract when we really needed to be buying a big stopper to cope with the more direct and physical teams like Watford.

So, a player that hasn't featured at all this season is somehow affecting the entire squads mood by his overwhelming bad-egg-iness?

What does he do? Have a table set up in the locker room with goombas demanding "protection money" from players?

I just don't get how even if this was true, it would have any effect on getting a single fucking win this season.

Guest Roger Kint

By all accounts Tiote constantly insists he is injured despite no medical evidence to show for it. Basically downing tools and sitting on his £60k wages. Fucking joke

Newcastle United have 'poison' like Cheick Tiote in dressing room, Sunday Supplement pundit claims

15:39, 20 September 2015

Updated 10:28, 21 September 2015

By Chris Waugh

John Richardson has been scathing in his criticism of Newcastle United - singling out Cheick Tiote as a 'bad egg'

There is ‘a lot of poison’ in the Newcastle United dressing room, claims John Richardson - with the Express writer alleging that Cheick Tiote is one of a number of ‘bad eggs’ at the club.

Pundits on Sky Sports’ Sunday Supplement were falling over themselves to stick the boot into the hapless Magpies, who are second bottom of the Premier League with just two points from their opening six matches.

Steve McClaren is yet to claim a league victory as Newcastle boss and he saw his side completely outplayed as they succumbed to a 2-1 home defeat to newly-promoted Watford on Saturday.

As well as describing some of United’s defending as “pathetic” against the Hornets, Richardson also singled out Tiote as one of the “bad eggs” who he believes are ruining the club from within.

Richardson said: “The (Newcastle) dressing room - basically I know there’s a few bad eggs in there.

“Steve McClaren knows who they are, he wants to get them out, but it’s harder to do that because they’re on bloated wages. Basically there’s a lot of poison there.

“Yes I do (know who the bad eggs are).

“Yes I can say who one of them is: one of them is Cheick Tiote.

“Tiote, who has supposedly been unfit all season. Newcastle keep sending him for checks and scans - nothing ever comes up.

“He’s obviously not bothered, he doesn’t want to play.

“There’s other players there of the same ilk and until something happens the club is not going to move on.”

The Telegraph’s Matt Law and The Mail on Sunday’s Rob Draper were equally scathing in their criticism of Newcastle - with every aspect of the club just about torn to shreds.

John Richardson entire transcript from Sunday Supplement:

“It’s depressing - depressing for the area. I feel sorry for the fans – 50,000 turn up at Newcastle, 45,000 turn up at Sunderland. They deserve better.

“(Newcastle) brought in Steve McClaren, who we all know is a top-class coach. So everything was in order.

“But I’m afraid that, although some of the buys have been okay - (Georginio) Wijnaldum, top player, a lot of clubs were looking at him - there’s something missing in the dressing room.

“There’s a lot of players there who aren’t up for the cause.

“I’m afraid, I know it sounds a bit of a cliché, but most of them are foreign players who don’t really care.

“They’re just passing by. They’re just basically mercenaries.

“It’s not their fault, they’ve been asked to go to Newcastle.

“They’ve gone in there, the dressing room basically I know there’s a few bad eggs in there.

“Steve McClaren knows who they are, he wants to get them out, but it’s harder to do that because they’re on bloated wages. Basically there’s a lot of poison there.

“Yes I do (know who the bad eggs are). Yes I can say who one of them is: one of them is Cheick Tiote.

“Tiote, who has supposedly been unfit all season. Newcastle keep sending him for checks and scans – nothing ever comes up.

“There’s other players there of the same ilk and until something happens the club is not going to move on.

“We were talking about Mark Noble earlier and he’s exactly the sort of player they need - they need a British heart.

“They need players who care about the club. They’ve got (Jack) Colback, but they haven’t got too many of them.

“They’ve got too many players who go missing on the big occasion.

“I mean some of the defending against Watford was absolutely pathetic.

“Newcastle fans are fed up of this. They want action. But nobody can point the finger at Mike Ashley this time.

“You’ve got to say it’s the football people in charge there. It’s bad recruitment – that’s got to improve.

“Steve McClaren I think has got to have a bigger say in who comes in because, after all, he’s coaching them.”

By all accounts Tiote constantly insists he is injured despite no medical evidence to show for it. Basically downing tools and sitting on his £60k wages. f***ing joke

And if that is true then it makes absolutely no sense to keep him at the club.  No other club will meet their valuation of him so ship him out to the Middle East ASAP if any club there is interested in him.

Newcastle United have 'poison' like Cheick Tiote in dressing room, Sunday Supplement pundit claims

15:39, 20 September 2015

Updated 10:28, 21 September 2015

By Chris Waugh

John Richardson has been scathing in his criticism of Newcastle United - singling out Cheick Tiote as a 'bad egg'

There is ‘a lot of poison’ in the Newcastle United dressing room, claims John Richardson - with the Express writer alleging that Cheick Tiote is one of a number of ‘bad eggs’ at the club.

Pundits on Sky Sports’ Sunday Supplement were falling over themselves to stick the boot into the hapless Magpies, who are second bottom of the Premier League with just two points from their opening six matches.

Steve McClaren is yet to claim a league victory as Newcastle boss and he saw his side completely outplayed as they succumbed to a 2-1 home defeat to newly-promoted Watford on Saturday.

As well as describing some of United’s defending as “pathetic” against the Hornets, Richardson also singled out Tiote as one of the “bad eggs” who he believes are ruining the club from within.

Richardson said: “The (Newcastle) dressing room - basically I know there’s a few bad eggs in there.

“Yes I do (know who the bad eggs are).

“Yes I can say who one of them is: one of them is Cheick Tiote.

“Tiote, who has supposedly been unfit all season. Newcastle keep sending him for checks and scans - nothing ever comes up.

“There’s other players there of the same ilk and until something happens the club is not going to move on.”

The Telegraph’s Matt Law and The Mail on Sunday’s Rob Draper were equally scathing in their criticism of Newcastle - with every aspect of the club just about torn to shreds.

John Richardson entire transcript from Sunday Supplement:

“It’s depressing - depressing for the area. I feel sorry for the fans – 50,000 turn up at Newcastle, 45,000 turn up at Sunderland. They deserve better.

“(Newcastle) brought in Steve McClaren, who we all know is a top-class coach. So everything was in order.

“But I’m afraid that, although some of the buys have been okay - (Georginio) Wijnaldum, top player, a lot of clubs were looking at him - there’s something missing in the dressing room.

“There’s a lot of players there who aren’t up for the cause.

“I’m afraid, I know it sounds a bit of a cliché, but most of them are foreign players who don’t really care.

“They’re just passing by. They’re just basically mercenaries.

“It’s not their fault, they’ve been asked to go to Newcastle.

“They’ve gone in there, the dressing room basically I know there’s a few bad eggs in there.

“Yes I do (know who the bad eggs are). Yes I can say who one of them is: one of them is Cheick Tiote.

“Tiote, who has supposedly been unfit all season. Newcastle keep sending him for checks and scans – nothing ever comes up.

“There’s other players there of the same ilk and until something happens the club is not going to move on.

“We were talking about Mark Noble earlier and he’s exactly the sort of player they need - they need a British heart.

“They need players who care about the club. They’ve got (Jack) Colback, but they haven’t got too many of them.

“They’ve got too many players who go missing on the big occasion.

“I mean some of the defending against Watford was absolutely pathetic.

“Newcastle fans are fed up of this. They want action. But nobody can point the finger at Mike Ashley this time.

“You’ve got to say it’s the football people in charge there. It’s bad recruitment – that’s got to improve.

“Steve McClaren I think has got to have a bigger say in who comes in because, after all, he’s coaching them.”

That stuff about Mark Noble/Jogback. :anguish:

Can you imagine Alex Ferguson or Mourinho allowing a few bad eggs to poison the atmosphere? Those players would be forced to train with the reserves and sidelined until they could be binned. If Richardson is right about what McClaren privately thinks then he's just coming across as a weak manager.