Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I'm going to keep mentioning it until it's referred to as often as Ronnie's Haidara/Liverpool 0-6 comment, but his showing in the 7-3 at Arsenal was probably the worst individual performance from any midfielder we've had since we were promoted. I was 'done' back then, and clearly so was he.

Colback protects the defence every bit as 'well' as Tiote and actually occasionally gives you something going forward. While Tiote's in our midfield we'll always be liable to fail to control the game at home and get utterly dicked away.

Colback protects the defence every bit as 'well' as Tiote and actually occasionally gives you something going forward. While Tiote's in our midfield we'll always be liable to fail to control the game at home and get utterly dicked away.

I know we all have our favourites and players we hate, but that's just blatantly untrue.

I used to like him.  Thought for all his mistakes and flaws.  He was an effective DM for us.  Then, he got a big contract, Pardew wanted him to be 'our Essien' and he's been injured and shit ever since. 

I used to like him.  Thought for all his mistakes and flaws.  He was an effective DM for us.  Then, he got a big contract, Pardew wanted him to be 'our Essien' and he's been injured and shit ever since. 

A bit like essien

I know we all have our favourites and players we hate, but that's just blatantly untrue.

Bang on. The only way Colback can protect the defence effectively is if we sit deep, if we play a pressing game he is too slow to stop the runners in an open game. Both Tiote and Abeid are far better equipped physically to do the defensive role. I'd have Abeid ahead of both Tiote and Colback personally.

Nah.

Nah.

Even if you don't rate Colback, it's obviously Tiote has been terrible for at least 18 months now. Can't remember his last good performance.

Nah.

Even if you don't rate Colback, it's obviously Tiote has been terrible for at least 18 months now. Can't remember his last good performance.

He was good when he came back in for a few games this season IIRC

Anyone who thinks Tiote is vaguely competent at protecting the defence is thick as fuck, like. He's shit, and this should've been blatantly obvious for some time. Fortunately I think our manager already knows it.

To be honest, the discussion is pointless as none of our so called " defensive midfielders" are good enough.

When Bigirama was in the squad he was better than Tiote, then he had a falling out with Pardew.