Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Started off dead shaky, which surprised me, but it was a standard away performance from him in the end. Extremely good.

I put the start due to the game being at a tempo he could have never expected or played in. Once he worked that out he was great as usual.

Arguably our most important player.

Wouldn't be too sure about that tbh. At least at home he doesn't seem to be that.

He absolutely is.. If he gets injured we fall back to playing Smith.. Makes a world of difference to the way our other players can operate on the pitch I guarantee you. Our midfield is so much more balanced with Tiote in,it's unreal. He is the sort of player who doesn't get the headline performances, but is crucial to a team's stability..

Wouldn't be too sure about that tbh. At least at home he doesn't seem to be that.

He absolutely is.. If he gets injured we fall back to playing Smith.. Makes a world of difference to the way our other players can operate on the pitch I guarantee you. Our midfield is so much more balanced with Tiote in,it's unreal. He is the sort of player who doesn't get the headline performances, but is crucial to a team's stability..

My thoughts exactly.

Before the season I might have argued Enrique was (due his overall immense-ness and our lack of depth in that area) but Tiote's position is so important to our overall play and losing him for any length of time would mean a significant change in quality of most of our possession.

Without a proper water carrier we would constantly give possession away and subsequently invite pressure onto ourselves against most opposition.

Ok, true. I haven't thought about playing Smith tbh. :lol:

Guest Heneage

He gave Cattermole a lesson in how to play defensive midfield. It's not about scything down your man and being dirty, it's about reading the game and breaking up play. Both were booked Tiote much earlier but it didn't diminish his game, Cattermole looked afraid to tackle after his yellow.

He gave Cattermole a lesson in how to play defensive midfield. It's not about scything down your man and being dirty, it's about reading the game and breaking up play. Both were booked Tiote much earlier but it didn't diminish his game, Cattermole looked afraid to tackle after his yellow.

I think it may have had something to do with his brown kegs after Enrique flexed the guns.

Let's hope Smudger was paying attention on the sub's bench, just in case Tiote ever gets injured..

Guest elbee909

Tiote has totally opened up every other midfielder in our squad.  His importance to this team should never be underestimated.  Everyone has a more free roll because of his domination.

Are they on offer at Greggs?