Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

WHERE ARE THE GOALS GONNA COME FROM MAN?!?

Hope this result redresses the negativity a bit, without tipping the scales the other way of course.

We have enough about us, but will struggle if injuries hit any of our key men.

I agree entirely, but it'll not change a thing. People are still morons.

If I could give Carroll 100/10, I would. Absolutely tremendous performance from him, it's exactly how he needs to play if we're going to stay up.

Hats off to the lot of them. They all played out of their skin, the passion and the team spirit was there to see in black and white. Bring on the challenge :thup:

Hope this result redresses the negativity a bit, without tipping the scales the other way of course.

Fact is, it's still hard to tell where we are. We were well beaten by a top side in Man Utd and today we humped a demoralised, disorganised, manger-less Villa.

Ganna enjoy today though. :D

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton: "I couldn't have forecast this, no. We expected a very tough game, but once we got the first goal that lifted any fears we might have had and we played some very good attacking football, managed to keep it going and score some very good goals. The quality and intensity of our play was too much for them."

Thank You Chrissy

Guest geordiemuff

Aye a seen shearer like a kid running round when carroll scored that third haha

Just love it liek

Been Honest we needed this So Much mind

WHAT A CONFIDENCE BOOSTER FOR FANS AND PLAYERS

Fact is, it's still hard to tell where we are. We were well beaten by a top side in Man Utd and today we faced a demoralised, disorganised, manger-less Villa.

Not according to the media, the supposed reaction of their players to O'Neill going, and their fans. ;)

Andy Carroll is a superstar.

So, if relegation meant Andy Carroll getting his opportunity and going on to become this player was it worth it?

Interesting looking back isn't it. Carroll probably doesn't emerge without the disaster of relegation.

There's always one who takes it too far. Don't be fucking ridiculous man.

Tbh, I don't think it's a stupid question to ask.

We weren't going anywhere in the Premiership. I think we would have continued to carry and fail to shift dead weight. Relegation was almost inevitable. Even if we'd survived 2008/09 we were just postponing it.

Going down might have been the best thing for us in the long run. We haven't moved the ball around with such confidence in a long time and I think that's largely down to being able to develop on-pitch relationships against easier competition. This is just one side to the argument obviously but I don't think it's a stupid comment to make by any stretch of the imagination.

Fact is, it's still hard to tell where we are. We were well beaten by a top side in Man Utd and today we faced a demoralised, disorganised, manger-less Villa.

Aye, next two games provide the real context but Nolan and Carroll are always going to score goals if the midfield and fullback/s are providing the ammo. Might seem easy to say after the fact but like I've said in the thread for it, I have both of them in my fantasy team.

I understand they'll not get 5 goals between them every game but they are difficult to play against for all of their faults.

When was the last time we won this big?

Cannot believe how well we played today, Barton was back to what he should be, absolutely incredible. Almost felt sorry for Albrighton out there against Enrique, Jose never even had to break a sweat to stop him. Fantastic run and cross from him for our second as well like.

And then Carroll. What a performance. Not only the hat trick, but he wins everything in the air and his passing is very decent as well. Can't find the words for how happy I am for the lad today, long may it continue!