Aston Villa

Ronaldo

To quote vietnam veterans "You don't know cos you weren't there, man."  Standing there at the end of the game with 40 year old blokes grinning and squeeling like they'd just won the league at you, pointing at the bedsheets they'd spent all night painting, of course you're going to give some back when the tables are turned.  Compalining about people acting on irrational emotion, good grief, What the fuck is football about?  Do someone people on here stand and clap when the opponents score?  When we got the fifth  were they going "Oh, come on now, we've got the three points, ease off the poor lads a bit.  Look, some of them are leaving, excuse, me! Sir!  Please stay until the end, you might get one back!  OK, if you must go, you'll find Central Station down at the end of Westgate Road, thanks for coming."

To show you how f***ing stupid the Villa fans are this is taken from the Beeb's 606  http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A73304769:

"The first half an hour had only one team in it (Villa) and to go from that to the final result was just horrible. It just shows how important confidence is to a team."

By 30 mins we were 2-0 up, and they had still not had a shot on target :)

What game were they watching?

Guest guinness_fiend

To quote vietnam veterans "You don't know cos you weren't there, man."  Standing there at the end of the game with 40 year old blokes grinning and squeeling like they'd just won the league at you, pointing at the bedsheets they'd spent all night painting, of course you're going to give some back when the tables are turned.  What the f*** is football about?  Do someone people on here stand and clap when the opponents score?  When we got the fifth  were they going "Oh, come on now, we've got the three points, ease off the poor lads a bit.  Look, some of them are leaving, excuse, me! Sir!  Please stay until the end, you might get one back!  OK, if you must go, you'll find Central Station down at the end of Westgate Road, thanks for coming."

I could understand this if the result yesterday resulted in them being relegated, but it didn't.  In all likelihood, Villa could still finish above us at the end of the season (if they get their act together).  Apart from being a massive confidence boost for us, yesterday's game could be of little consequence to Villa in the long run.

I'll save my gloating for when we stay up, ta very much.

Fuckin enjoyed that like.

Oh, and went to the forth on the way home, but as passing tilleys, villa fans were making there way down to central. Around 30 geordies formed a human tunnel, for the villa fans to walk down. Our fans then proceeded to sarcastically clap them onwards towards the station. Was genius.

Anyhow, fuck them. Revenge is sweet.

Fuckin enjoyed that like.

Oh, and went to the forth on the way home, but as passing tilleys, villa fans were making there way down to central. Around 30 geordies formed a human tunnel, for the villa fans to walk down. Our fans then proceeded to sarcastically clap them onwards towards the station. Was genius.

Anyhow, f*** them. Revenge is sweet.

Aye i saw that.  ;D

I've finished with gloating now. Like others have said in the thread, survival now is the priority. Lets hope though we can finihs as high as we can, and hopefully above Villa  :thup:

Reading the first few pages of their match thread I'm surprised many of them are talking about being happy to get a point.  However..

Re: MATCH THREAD: Newcastle United vs Aston Villa

by BobMarley1945-81 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:09 pm

That team is delightful. We have the 3 points in the bag!!

by nath_villan on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Prediction - 2-1 to the villa.

that newcastle team is the team that went down to the championship - in fact, it's worse lol

by BobMarley1945-81 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:13 am

Stan against Barton is gonna be interesting, Stan is turning into a sly old dog and could wind this prat up and get him sent off.

3-0 I'm going for, can't see them scoring to be honest and we will come out of the blocks firing to keep the toon army silenced, 2-0 half-time.

by andgash on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:59 am

A point will do but really i want us to go and beat them. Don't like Newcastle or their fat arrogant fans!

Reading the first few pages of their match thread I'm surprised many of them are talking about being happy to get a point.  However..

by BobMarley1945-81 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:09 pm

That team is delightful. We have the 3 points in the bag!!

by nath_villan on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Prediction - 2-1 to the villa.

that newcastle team is the team that went down to the championship - in fact, it's worse lol

by BobMarley1945-81 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:13 am

Stan against Barton is gonna be interesting, Stan is turning into a sly old dog and could wind this prat up and get him sent off.

3-0 I'm going for, can't see them scoring to be honest and we will come out of the blocks firing to keep the toon army silenced, 2-0 half-time.

by andgash on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:59 am

A point will do but really i want us to go and beat them. Don't like Newcastle or their fat arrogant fans!

:haha: :wave:

We won, that's all i'm concerned about. It's 3 points and that's it. Can't understand the bitterness - we'd have done the same in their position. Time to forget. :)

I don't understand this attitude any time I see it, the posters seem oblivious to the fact they are doing exactly the same thing as those they condemn. Goes around, comes around is another way of saying karma, and a lot of people are willing to accept the idea of karma when they see an imagined foe suffering, but they never seem to be able to project it on to the next logical stage. You reap what you sow, sounds like pretentious preaching I know but it is such a succinct way of saying exactly what happens if one would just study it a little without all the personal investment of irrational emotion.   

I just think that life's too short to hold grudges and settle scores. :dontknow:

We can't change what happened two seasons ago and I'm far more interested in seeing us win games and climb the table than getting one over on a group of fans that took the piss when we went down. We play West Brom at home in the last game of the season, it'll be interesting to see how our lot react if WBA drop out of the division. Will some of our mongs take the piss if it happens? I think they might just you know...

I dont think its a grudge, they did act like arseholes tho.  I would have never given Aston Villa any shit if they were in our postion in our previous game.

Anyway, its all done.

Fcking hell, they do have a massive inflated opinion of themselves.  Villa have been pretty cack for a lot of the prem years.  Only recently have they looked like a champions league chasing side and they still didn't make it.

They've spunked millions and still not actually achieved anything.

Guest neesy111

Fcking hell, they do have a massive inflated opinion of themselves.  Villa have been pretty cack for a lot of the prem years.  Only recently have they looked like a champions league chasing side and they still didn't make it.

They've spunked millions and still not actually achieved anything.

This and the last few years they've haven't progressed at all. 6th 3 seasons in a row.

also they've got heskey who quite frankly is a shocking footballer

I know, come on, at least put some effort into it.  Poocastle, there, that took about 5 seconds to come up with.  As for Randy Lerner, more like Frigid... Teacher... Twatface.

Poocastle. There, same connotation. You can say it on telly and it even rhymes. Tut tut Villa fans, tut tut.

Compalining about people acting on irrational emotion, good grief, What the fuck is football about?  Do someone people on here stand and clap when the opponents score? 

Seriously though...take away the irrational emotion from football and what are you left with?

You both have a valid point, I should have considered my choice of words with more care. To celebrate your team scoring kind of requires using some emotion doesn't it. :)

Perhaps some emotions are more positive and others negative. I am even mindful, later, that whilst the joy, delight or happiness I feel following a win must be offset by the misery of the oppositions fans. Are they in direct relation? For every time there is a winner there must also be a loser. And ultimately the majority lose. Maybe I think too much and am over-sensitive.

And I have been known to clap an opposition goal, begrudgingly, if it was a quality goal well worked and taken.

You both have a valid point, I should have considered my choice of words with more care. To celebrate your team scoring kind of requires using some emotion doesn't it. :)

Perhaps some emotions are more positive and others negative. I am even mindful, later, that whilst the joy, delight or happiness I feel following a win must be offset by the misery of the oppositions fans. Are they in direct relation? For every time there is a winner there must also be a loser. And ultimately the majority lose. Maybe I think too much and am over-sensitive.

Going to a match with you must be a barrel of laughs like, must be like sitting next to Mr Logic from Viz :lol:

Going to a match with you must be a barrel of laughs like, must be like sitting next to Mr Logic from Viz :lol:

;D

I posted a pic of Mr Logic somewhere the other week, probably the Ben Arfa thread cba to bump it