Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Player of the season so far for me. Didn't want him ahead of Williamson. Can't believe how good he has been. Has taken his game to another level completely. Seems a lot quicker and stronger than I remember. Used to stumble around quite a bit in the past.

He is a noob of the highest order. I dont think he has improved all that much although his partnership with Colo is getting better. He gets bullied far too easily as with Boothroyd today who should have scored twice given the room Saylor had allowed him.

I am happy to see his idiotic mistakes have however improved in the fact they arent just confined to the penalty area and in and around the box. Still prefer him at RB, but probably our best bet due only to Willows lack of pace.

:nope:

Whilst he did do well there early in his career, he can't play well there anymore. CB all the way.

The idea that the Mackems with Bardsley and Cattermole are complaining of ungentlemanly conduct via view obstruction... Don't know where to begin. :lol:

Am I mixing up games or do I remember them attempting the same thing, really shockingly, at the SoS this season? I seem to recall a team attempting it against us.

You must be fuking stupid to prefer Taylor at RB.

I know, but that pretty much goes without saying. Always thought he played well for us there and offered a suprising amount going forward. It was also a time when it was safer playing him there than in the middle he has cut out alot of his errors since then. Bar pace I somehow do prefer him there than Simpson.

Thought he had another very good game tonight although picked up a stupid yellow card when he pulled back Kenny.  With him and Colo our only fit centre backs we can really do without either of them picking up needless petty yellow cards and moving 1 step nearer to a suspension.  If my centre half is going to get a yellow card in a game i at least want it to be for something constructive like say wiping out Bent or N'Zogbia on Saturday with a crunching challenge that puts them out the game.

Thought he had another very good game tonight although picked up a stupid yellow card when he pulled back Kenny.  With him and Colo our only fit centre backs we can really do without either of them picking up needless petty yellow cards and moving 1 step nearer to a suspension.  If my centre half is going to get a yellow card in a game i at least want it to be for something constructive like say wiping out Bent or N'Zogbia on Saturday with a crunching challenge that puts them out the game.

given that kenny was about to spray the ball out it may have been a good "professional" decision.

given that kenny was about to spray the ball out it may have been a good "professional" decision.

I did actually say that to my dad at the time but changed my mind when i saw the replay.

If I hear that Taylor at RB s**** again, I will go on a killing spree.

It's ok I am off to the Colo thread to post about playing him as a DM next..

:lol:

Don´t forget to head into the Gutierrez thread to post about playing him as a RM while you´re at it.  O0

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/22/facts-show-steven-taylor-s-international-quality-72703-29466028/

Facts show Steven Taylor's international quality

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Sep 22 2011

STEVEN TAYLOR’S displays in a black-and-white shirt this season are of international calibre – according to the cold, hard facts.

Indeed, the Chronicle can reveal just why England are taking a serious look at the Whitley Bay lad once again and how Taylor is AHEAD of Manchester United’s £17m defender Phil Jones and England star John Terry.

Taylor’s performances are officially ranked four places ahead of Terry, while the 25-year-old is 12 places ahead of Jones, 16 higher than Man U’s Chris Smalling and 58 positions in front of highly-rated and sought after Bolton man Gary Cahill.

Taylor has been in hot form and has been a part of a Newcastle defence that goes into the weekend clash with Blackburn Rovers with the proud tag of “best defence in the country.”

We reported last week how Three Lions assistant manager Stuart Pearce was in the stands at Loftus Road to take a look at his former Under-21 captain in the 0-0 draw with Queens Park Rangers.

Talk of Taylor even being in contention for England drew both positive and negative reactions.

Chron reader Harry Charlton emailed to say: “I have never laughed so much at a headline, until I read that Taylor was back in the England frame.”

And Twitter follower Nathan Richardson of Newcastle stated: “You and I both know S Taylor is miles from England.” However, the official EA SPORTS Player Performance Index – recognised as the bible of the Premier League by top football managers, coaches and experts across Europe – suggests otherwise.

Taylor is the highest ranked United player on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, in 19th place, above Leon Best.

Taylor has played 486 minutes of Premier League football for Newcastle this season, winning every one of the eight tackles he has entered into.

This gives him a 100% record in the dispossession stakes alongside Jones and Joelon Lescott, although the ex-Everton man has made three fewer tackles. And while Terry has won 17 more tackles, the Toon Academy product is the busiest player in the top flight having covered more metres in the first five games than there are seats at St James’.

His total of 55,652m is the highest in the Premier League.

Danny Simpson is another player who has come under fire from some sections of Toon fans, with our comment section regularly receiving negative feedback on the right-back’s performances.

However, Simpson finds himself 28th in the index, again ahead of the likes of Smalling, Cahill and Jones.

Simpson has made more clearances than Jones and Smalling and has covered 46,068m.

:lol:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=630264

How the fuck is that the basis for an article, man? I like Taylor, I like stats, but that's a completely new level of utter toss from Ryder.

Little to no context at all and should have a tagline at the bottom reading "THIS MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE STEVEN TAYLOR FOR ENGLAND CAMPAIGN".

Bleurgh.