Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Yet to prove he's a competent premier league centre half. He was s**** in our relegation season and s**** the season before. It's clear the lad is a massive bell end and thinks he's the next Bobby Moore. As far as I'm concerned he was below Williamson, Campbell and Colo in the pecking order anyway. 60K a week is f***ing mental too. Good luck to whoever is willing to pay that like. It's clear his relationship with the Club and Hughton has broken down anyway.

Must admit though, I do think he'll develop into a good defender, shame the lads a massive tosser by the sounds of things.

It's just a shame the money we'll get for him wont be reinvested in playing staff. Is 3 good enough centre halves enough for a premier league campaign?

We'll get about £4m for him imo.

So that is were the money is coming from for the Tiote deal.

Yep.

Do you think we'll sell him (injured) before Tuesday?

I think someone will make an attempt for him, yeah. Gosling is injured for far longer but it didn't stop us taking a chance on him. I guess the difference is who Taylor will want to go to, considering his supposed wage demands here.

Nobody will want him in January like.

:thup:

Without doubt he should have been up for sale a few months ago.

Good riddance.

Never a particularly good defender and if we have to lose one CH I'm glad it's him. Not sure his ego will fit into the current NUFC set up either.

Behaved the same way when his father made the last set of outrageous contract demands so it was probably to be expected again this time.

However I expect he will have to lower his demands and will probably end up staying. If that happens expect the "didn't want to leave his home club" spin we heard after relegation. Truth is when it came to the crunch Everton or no one else really fancied him that much and I can't see it being much different this time.

i do wonder who might come in for him

liverpool doubt it

everton are constantly linked but they dont need him

arsenal need defenders but can't see wenger buying him

villa aint gonna do nowt in the market spending wise methinks

spurs have problems with the reliability of their cbs but do they need taylor with gallas bassong dawson and kaboul

man u don't need him

ditto man c

fulham have plenty of defenders

chelsea might need another cb but would they really go for taylor?

west ham lord knows what they will do

sunderland wont sign him

stoke birmingham blackburn have defenders already

so that leaves bolton blackpool wba wigan and wolves

I strictly disagree he's a crap fullback, the only reason he looked good because we always had turds playing at rightback before him.  Beye made taylor looked gay at rightback. 

Seen him put in some quality performances there, a couple of times against Arsenal spring to mind. Sure he had poor games, but so did Coloccini who is suddenly flavour of the month, not to mention Enrique. He has the ability.

We don't have Beye any more, so I stand by the fact he would walk into our team and those aren't the sort of players you sell unless you can line up a better replacement.

we'll have to agree to disagree cus being a gud fullback u need agility.  All the best fullback in modern football are nippy agile and can run up and down the flanks with speed, obviously they got to know how to defend first and foremost, good fullbacks are not cumbersome centrebacks like Taylor.

rather have average joe's like simpson and perch than have taylor at fullback.

I wouldn't be bothered about the loss of a transfer fee, it's the loss of his wages, his child-like beahaviour, his (alleged) ego that would more than likely work in our favour.

At least the board have acted on it now rather than spending the season trying to persuade him to sign for much less money.

If we get around the £2m mark for him then it would have been a good decision to list him.

If the club knew this wasn't going anywhere I'm fairly annoyed we didn't go for Onouha.

Which tends to suggest that they didn't. Taylor thought he had us over a barrel the later it got in the window.

Aye, seems like his advisors we playing a late game. 

Dont care what he is...if we all want the club restructured then giving out new contracts at 60k isn't the way forward.

Is 3 good enough centre halves enough for a premier league campaign?

That's the key question. Are the youngsters good enough if needs be?

Coloccini is playing well at present but struggled under pressure last time.

Williamson is a newcomer to the league, albeit with a promising start.

Campbell may be too slow, injury prone and is clearly mentally unstable.

Who's next in line if Taylor goes? Perch?

Newcastle United have today placed defender Steven Taylor on the transfer list.

Anyone wishing to purchase Steven should contact the club via email at [email protected]

The Club will be making no further comment at this time.

Strange.

I was expecting something like:

"If you're interested in Steven, please email us at [email protected]..."

4 seconds. :snod:

kadar

Kadar looks a very good prospect.

My only concern is with our other defenders because I can't see any other defenders at the club who are both proven and likely to hang around for a number of years.

I can't see Colo knocking around for the rest of his career, maybe another 3 years or so. Williamson seems to have real quality and could be someone who's one good season away from a big move. Campbell, aside from questions over his fitness, isn't a long term player: 2 years tops. Kadar and Tavernier are totally unproven and Perch is primarily a full back.

So whilst it isn't a disaster, I can see it meaning that we need to bring someone of real quality and experience in in a couple of years time- and if Ashley is still in charge this means trying do so for a maximum of £3m or so.

Taylor isn't anymore likely to hang around then anyone else though is he?, this situations proves that.  Coloccini may or not not end his career here but if he doesn't we should get a fee.  Also if you're worrying that Williamson might get a big move somewhere else that also provides cash to spend a hell of a lot more then £3m on new defenders.  Its nonsense to say that if Ashley's still here we can't expect to buy a player for more then £3m no matter what the situation.  Plus Williamson cost about £1m didn't he?