Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Of course he has improved. Not as drastically as some suggest like, but he has.

I would argue his performances early last season could be classed as a drastic improvement, he looked superb. He'd cut out the brainfart manoeurves and him and Colo were the best CB partnership we've had since... err...?

He's got serious fat potential mind. Not sure how that's relevant, actually it isn't.

Guest icemanblue

We used to say Simpson was shit, then we thought he was good, now we think he's shit again. Let's hope Taylor doesn't go the same way!

Speak for yourself there, Ian.

We used to say Simpson was shit, then we thought he was good, now we think he's shit again. Let's hope Taylor doesn't go the same way!

:iamatwat:

I can remember a lot of chat about much Simpson had improved, and how he had proved us wrong. Even talk of an England callup IIRC.

We used to say Simpson was s***, then we thought he was good, now we think he's s*** again. Let's hope Taylor doesn't go the same way!

I can remember a lot of chat about much Simpson had improved, and how he had proved us wrong. Even talk of an England callup IIRC.

Simppo for england ringing around SJP  :laugh:

Guest icemanblue

I can't remember saying any of that. I'm pretty sure the England talk was all paper-based and ridiculed on here, too.

Please don't go finding a positive quote from me. I'm really sure I've always thought he was shite. :lol:

I wasn't talking about you specifically Inochi, I can't be bothered to look for anyone's past posts really. There was definitely a sense that he had improved a lot and was 'the player we thought we'd signed' and all that. I can remember agreeing myself.

Not that this is of any relevance to Taylor really.

I think the Simpson for England talk was more a jibe at the rest of the English RB's also being shite, rather than Simpson being any good.

He did have a decent spell though as Ryan Taylor became the anti-Christ for a month or so, he's never looked as solid as Steven Taylor has in both the Championship and last season though, nowhere near.

I think the Simpson for England talk was more a jibe at the rest of the English RB's also being shite, rather than Simpson being any good.

He did have a decent spell though as Ryan Taylor became the anti-Christ for a month or so, he's never looked as solid as Steven Taylor has in both the Championship and last season though, nowhere near.

That's probably about right.

• 3 weeks later...