Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Love this man. Such a character. Hopefully he'll stay fit for a while now.

He's quality, funny as fuck, loves the club and is actually really talented. If he gets a full season he'll show how good a player he is

Taylor in the programme:

"I have taken it upon myself to act as a bit of a father figure to some of the new players and the younger lads ... Take young Adam Campbell, for example. I'll make sure he gets in amongst it because you don't want him ever feeling left out."

Quite like Taylor but there sometimes seems to be something slightly mental about him imo. Wonder what the younger lads think of him.

Know what you mean. He seems a bit simple or unhinged, not sure which. :lol: Love him though, great attitude. :smitten:

He's fucking mental but in the best possible way.

Guest bimpy474

Its nice to see how he is finally winning people over now, personally i put that down to playing alongside Colo. Learning from such a wonderful player and example to follow.

It really does seem to be about fitness now, if he keeps it he will be brilliant as well as being fantastically nutty.

It's nice having him on the pitch. Winning practically every header and can be commanding when Colo is out. Finally showing the sort of form we've been expecting since he was in his late teens. Massive potential, if he can stay fit and keep on improving I reckon he'll get in and around the England squad sooner rather than later. Can only see Terry, Lescott and Cahill as clearly better defenders. Maybe Jagielka too.

It's nice having him on the pitch. Winning practically every header and can be commanding when Colo is out. Finally showing the sort of form we've been expecting since he was in his late teens. Massive potential, if he can stay fit and keep on improving I reckon he'll get in and around the England squad sooner rather than later. Can only see Terry, Lescott and Cahill as clearly better defenders. Maybe Jagielka too.

Tbf to him he did have a torrid time when he became a regular...our team was terrible.  Mainly the CM area which offered very little cover. 

Tbf to him he did have a torrid time when he became a regular...our team was terrible.  Mainly the CM area which offered very little cover. 

...and the back four consisted of Bramble, Boumsong, Babayaro, Carr, Ramage, Huntington, Edgar, CM was Parker trying to do everything on his own. Not the best environment to develop in, still he managed to shine on some occasions. Coloccini has done him so much good.

Can't believe there were many fans who hated him and wanted rid not long ago.

To be fair, he's improved a hell of a lot since the time at which he went on the transfer list. Many, including me, thought he was getting a bit too big for his boots. Credit where it's due, though, he's come a long long way under Pards' tutelage, and long may it continue. One of our key players imo.

When he put that transfer request i was happy to flog him at less-than-typical-English-player-price. No shame in that either tbh; he was injury prone and yet to look anywhere near realising his potential.

Worked out okay, obviously, but his injury record still leaves a rather massive question mark lingering over him.

He used to get called a cunt for pointing:lol: some shameful stuff was said about him, glad he proved those people wrong. :)

Simpson does it as well now man. :lol:

Simpson is average though, Taylor always had it in him to be more than that and like I said for years and got dogs abuse for, he just needed the right environment to do so. A long list of managers, coaches and shite players beside him was like putting a kid in care, in the end when it all settled down, Hughton for 18months ish, then Pardew, and regularly playing along side Colo he came good. If it wasn't for his injuries, well I'd love to know what kind of player we'd have now.

Does anyone think the players we've signed who transformed us would have done so in that era? The club was a breeding ground for all the things wrong with football, they'd have been swallowed up in it and destroyed like so many others at the time.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,52510.msg1312174.html#msg1312174

Can't believe I posted this four years ago and it's only took him up until last season to get his act together.  ;)

:lol:

Same thread

Steven Taylor: Start actually performing like a Premiership footballer or f*** off.

;)

Think everyone is too harsh.

Don´t make any mistake at all and has been really solid in the past few weeks. Get him a contract and he will be a great player for us next year.

:snod:

When he put that transfer request i was happy to flog him at less-than-typical-English-player-price. No shame in that either tbh; he was injury prone and yet to look anywhere near realising his potential.

Worked out okay, obviously, but his injury record still leaves a rather massive question mark lingering over him.

He didn't put in a transfer request.  The club put him on the list and he found out from Sky.

Pre-promotion Taylor was unfashionable. Now, times have changed and the self-appointed footballing gurus have moved, like starved vultures, to other defenders to pile their abuse on.

Still remember the desperate pleas for Taylor to be dropped for that fat mess Campbell  :lol:

Pre-promotion Taylor was unfashionable. Now, times have changed and the self-appointed footballing gurus have moved, like starved vultures, to other defenders to pile their abuse on.

Still remember the desperate pleas for Taylor to be dropped for that fat mess Campbell  :lol:

You say that like he hasn't massively improved.