Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

As much as I would love Saylor back in the team, his injury record these past couple of years has been pretty poor. Honestly don't think we can count on him to last a full season. Shame, he really was in the form of his life prior to his injury in December - if he can replicate this form when he does come back from injury, then of course, we'll have a valuable player on our hands. I imagine we'll rotate our CBs quite a bit next season anyway, what with all the extra games and all that so think we'll still see quite a bit of Saylor.

His injury was completely unrelated to anything he'd had before, I think it's unfair to say he's just injury prone. He's not Dyer or Woodgate, even Marveaux, breaking down with muscle injuries every five minutes. He's had, what, a dislocated shoulder, a bad knee and a ruptured Achilles that I can think of? I don't think that's injury prone as such, more like really bad luck, I hope so anyway.

Will Stevie be in the first team next year? I think he deserves to stay in the team

If we can improve on any positions then we need to do that. There's no room for sentiment.

Hopefully we won't have a first choice centre half pairing, we'll have a group of centre halves, all capable and able to come in whenever and do as good a job as each other.

His injury was completely unrelated to anything he'd had before, I think it's unfair to say he's just injury prone. He's not Dyer or Woodgate, even Marveaux, breaking down with muscle injuries every five minutes. He's had, what, a dislocated shoulder, a bad knee and a ruptured Achilles that I can think of? I don't think that's injury prone as such, more like really bad luck, I hope so anyway.

I'd agree with that.  He is not injury prone.

Never understood how he spends so much time out injured. Not even worth debating the phrase "injury prone", he doesn't play enough, it's that simple.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bmoregeordie

read somewhere that pardew has committed to willo ahead of saylor and any new CB signing. is that right? there was no link.

Never understood how he spends so much time out injured. Not even worth debating the phrase "injury prone", he doesn't play enough, it's that simple.

Happens to lots of players who significantly 'bulk up' in their 20s. Certainly muscles, ligaments and tendons don't make the leap and it leads to persistent injuries.

Guest bmoregeordie

Nice try :lol:

Not sure what you mean. Legitimate question.

What you read was clearly a load of bollocks man.

Good.

Pardew said, or at least implied, that in the phone-in he did a couple weeks back, IIRC.

Pardew said, or at least implied, that in the phone-in he did a couple weeks back, IIRC.

Hmmm, didn't realise that but I guess that's more of a man management thing than an actual footballing decision on Pardew's part.

Pardew basically said that at the moment, Willo is Colo's partner. Whoever we sign in the summer will have to dislodge Willo to get in the team. Saylor knows this and will have to work harder than he's ever worked to get back in. Fair enough.

Pardew basically said that at the moment, Willo is Colo's partner. Whoever we sign in the summer will have to dislodge Willo to get in the team. Saylor knows this and will have to work harder than he's ever worked to get back in. Fair enough.

:thup:

He's not going to say 'you know that player who ended the season as first choice, yeah we are going to replace him as soon as we can'.

He's not going to say 'you know that player who ended the season as first choice, yeah we are going to replace him as soon as we can'.

he basically has in saying we are after a centre half. he'll say that he'll decide in the summer, everyone will be equal and it will be on form etc.....but you and I know that should that centre half come in he'll be ahead of willo and taylor if fit.

That is indeed fair enough. Yep, definitely sounds like man management to me :thup: I don't think anyone is really expecting to see Williamson as first choice come August though.

he basically has in saying we are after a centre half. he'll say that he'll decide in the summer, everyone will be equal and it will be on form etc.....but you and I know that should that centre half come in he'll be ahead of willo and taylor if fit.

We know that but he has at least put down the challenge for those two. Williamson finished the season and Pardew is obviously going to claim Taylor and a new signing will need to fight for Williamson's place (even if we all know that isn't really true).