Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It was Steven Taylor personified really wasn't it, he just doesn't give up on the ball no matter what the situation. He's like the Black Knight of central defending.

Aye, the one out of Monty Python.

Could just imagine him making that little header back to Krul as nothing but a torso and trying to drag himself up for a corner with his chin.

http://i.imgur.com/YHMpX.jpg

Epic moment, was laughing my head off when he did that.

It was such a great, solid performance from Saylor. Looking forward to seeing him and Colo continue where they left off. Just hope he stays fit for the whole season...

Thought I saw a glimpse of vdV smiling after Krul collected the ball from Saylor's improvised header. :D

Aye, he did, checked the match afterwords. vdv grinning like a fool, though I was doing the same. But it was amazingly quick thinking and rather funny.

I had a good laugh at that awkward yet rather clever piece of work too. Nothing beats the Cisse stunner at Chelsea last season though (in a different way). I was left speechless with with an open mouth after letting out a mandatory shout.

Love those opposition players' reactions to these incidents. vdV and Drogba (along with Pardew) last season. It's like 'I would/could never have done that!' :lol:

Taylor in the programme:

"I have taken it upon myself to act as a bit of a father figure to some of the new players and the younger lads ... Take young Adam Campbell, for example. I'll make sure he gets in amongst it because you don't want him ever feeling left out."

Quite like Taylor but there sometimes seems to be something slightly mental about him imo. Wonder what the younger lads think of him.

Would absolutely love to see him get 38 games this season. Not least because i can't be fucked with Williamson, but because he might be about to realise the potential he has. He's 27 in the new year and if he's ever going to hit the heights he can, it needs to be now and he needs to be fit.

Fingers crossed, because his last two dozen matches for us he's been imperious.

Taylor in the programme:

"I have taken it upon myself to act as a bit of a father figure to some of the new players and the younger lads ... Take young Adam Campbell, for example. I'll make sure he gets in amongst it because you don't want him ever feeling left out."

Quite like Taylor but there sometimes seems to be something slightly mental about him imo. Wonder what the younger lads think of him.

Know what you mean. He seems a bit simple or unhinged, not sure which. :lol: Love him though, great attitude. :smitten:

Guest NUFC03

Pleased to see him back and he played well. Think he will build a good partnership with Colo, hoping he can stay fit now. Loved the classy header too :)

awesome header....quick and smart thinking. looked funny though, as he seems to do sometimes.

im really happy to have him back. he is in his best years now and last season he played his best ever. him and colo had a really good partnership.

I have absolutely no problem him being first choice this season along with colo. I wouldn´t mind a new cb to compete with him and williamson...an upgrade on williamson though.

like he seems professional and he is practicing his leadership abilities. 

Taylor in the programme:

Know what you mean. He seems a bit simple or unhinged, not sure which. :lol: Love him though, great attitude. :smitten:

You get the feeling that Taylor has been cock bullying Adam Campbell.