Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest bimpy474

He was awful but when your managers tactics of leaving the two CB's with no protection at all, so the opposition can break on to them time and time again. The CB's will look awful.

Not defending him, he shouldn't be starting at all but whoever was there would have been left exposed.

His error for 2nd goal by doing his Danny Simpson impression of backing off into the box and then when the ball goes into the net he jogs up to the centre circle and let Krul and Santon blame each other.

His error for 2nd goal by doing his Danny Simpson impression of backing off into the box and then when the ball goes into the net he jogs up to the centre circle and let Krul and Santon blame each other.

I was disgusted at that, he screwed up and tried to blame others for him dropping a bollock.

Probably one of the numpties throwing bricks out of the skip at coppers after the game. He is that bright.

Such high hopes turned into a charver with brains the size of a Gnat. Its time to move on, sentiment aside.

Williamson works well next to someone that can think rationally, Taylor makes both of them look as bad as they can be.

Should have cashed in when we could years ago.

I despise every fibre of this cunts being.

When he let the ball bounce, showing Borini onto his favoured left and storming up front like some kind of gung-ho captain cuntchops are the primary sins of today.

If I remembered more I could go on.

The backing off thing has pissed me off for ages, I've never seen why he does it. Simpson used to get slaughtered for it but I think it's even more costly at CB because there is no one behind to try and mop up when the player gets past.

The backing off thing has pissed me off for ages, I've never seen why he does it. Simpson used to get slaughtered for it but I think it's even more costly at CB because there is no one behind to try and mop up when the player gets past.

He backs off because he's too slow and clumsy to actually make a tackle. When was the last time you actually saw him make one? His forte is backing off and blocking shots, sometimes outfield, sometimes on the line as a secondary goalkeeper.

I despise every fibre of this c***s being.

When he let the ball bounce, showing Borini onto his favoured left and storming up front like some kind of gung-ho captain cuntchops are the primary sins of today.

If I remembered more I could go on.

:lol:  :thup:

Guest BenArfa10

It is a disgrace how he has managed to weezle his way back into the side and I simply have to think that the only reason he is back in the side is because of his moaning about not playing to the press. The guy's last match before he returned to the team was against Man City on the first day of the season, where he picked up a red card. He waltzes back into the team fists pumping and no talent and replaces an on form, expensive and very talented Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. He's added nothing to the team. He's not as fast as Mapou, no where near as composed on the ball and I think he needs to be shipped out in the summer as part of AP's rebuilding process. In all likelihood we will also lose Coloccini in the summer as well which leaves us with only MYM and MW, Streete and Good as youths. We need a couple of centre backs who have had experience of success overseas much like Yanga-Mbiwa, around 24-25 years old to build with. Williamson has shown that he is capable of being the experienced head in our back four so I don't forsee a problem there. In my opinion Williamson is lightyears ahead of Taylor. He doesn't fanny around with the ball trying to go on barnstorming runs (before inevitably getting tackled) and when a ball comes his way in a dangerous area he just sticks it into the stands and relieves the pressure. He's got 2 years left on his contract and I can't see us extending it past his 30th birthday, mainly because he'll lost what saleability he has left to Ashley. He'll probably become the next Shola. An average footballer who has somehow managed to stick around at a Premier League club simply because there has usually been no one better to replace him.

Just like the Ben Arfa situation. There will come a time, probably when Taylor gets his next inevitable injury or maybe when Colo leaves as expected in the summer and Pardew will expect Mapou to suddenly come in from the cold and be the player we all need.

This should be the perfect time for him to be playing every game, learning and gaining experience to eventually replace Colo long term.

Instead Pardew takes the easier option and benches the foreigner and picks his local geordie lad because he might whine to the press again if he's not picked.

It's Mascherano/Mullins Tevez/Zamora all over again only in a less shocking way.