Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It's not his defensive quality for why he needs to be booted out, it's the fact he's bleeding us of money he's barely managed 10 games a season for two seasons straight. He's about to do the same for a third season.

Pointless player to have on our books, he needs to be replaced.

It's not his defensive quality for why he needs to be booted out, it's the fact he's bleeding us of money he's barely managed 10 games a season for two seasons straight. He's about to do the same for a third season.

Agree 100% with that, but as we are right now, him coming in even if we get 5-6 games out of him before his next injury its not the worst thing in the world.

Agree 100% with that, but as we are right now, him coming in even if we get 5-6 games out of him before his next injury its not the worst thing in the world.

Paying Taylor something the region of £25k/week (£1.3m a year) to play 10 games a season.  Would rather we paid somebody equally as good that money, and he play regularly.

Well I'd wait until the summer first of course. :lol:

Nothing wrong with him playing if he's fit like, just meant long term he can't be here from next season.

Paying Taylor something the region of £25k/week (£1.3m a year) to play 10 games a season.  Would rather we paid somebody equally as good that money, and he play regularly.

Bet he's on more than that.

The best thing I can say about him is, at least if he was going to be fit, this is the time to do it. Him and Coloccini have combined well in the past, and also combined terribly. Let's hope it's one of the good days tomorrow, although I'm not sure which one of them will cope with Berahino if he's playing. Hopefully Pulis won't trust him enough to give him game time.

Bet he's on more than that.

40k is the figure I remember being bandied about when his dad was hawking him around for a better deal.

Unpopular opinion time, I actually don't think Taylor coming back into the fold (if he can stay fit) is a particularly bad thing, he isn't a bad defender when hes fit no matter how much everyone likes to think he is.

Grade A knacker, definitely, injury prone, absolutely, but hes a canny defender, gives us a bit more of an aerial presence too.

Short term, it's potentially the best option. Him and Colo know each other's game well enough, and he normally has 4 or 5 good games back before losing concentration and getting sent off/losing concentration, being shit and getting dropped/tripping over the touchline and getting injured.

The next 3 home games are crucial (we can forget about getting anything from Chelsea away) and he's probably a better option than hoying Janmaat at CB and shoe-horning someone else in at RB or whatever other options we have available as a club.

What have we come to as a club man??

Unpopular opinion time, I actually don't think Taylor coming back into the fold (if he can stay fit) is a particularly bad thing, he isn't a bad defender when hes fit no matter how much everyone likes to think he is.

Grade A knacker, definitely, injury prone, absolutely, but hes a canny defender, gives us a bit more of an aerial presence too.

Short term, it's potentially the best option. Him and Colo know each other's game well enough, and he normally has 4 or 5 good games back before losing concentration and getting sent off/losing concentration, being s*** and getting dropped/tripping over the touchline and getting injured.

The next 3 home games are crucial (we can forget about getting anything from Chelsea away) and he's probably a better option than hoying Janmaat at CB and shoe-horning someone else in at RB or whatever other options we have available as a club.

What have we come to as a club man??

It's not so new. I can remember a few injury induced stinking back fours. As an example a few years ago I watched a home game v Spurs and our back 4 was Carr, Moore, Ramage and Elliott. I thought we had hit an all time low and Spurs would walk through us. I was wrong of course and we won the match. But we had Roeder in charge then and he was going through his very brief Guardiola phase. And for some reason during that phase Shola was scoring goals. Now we have McClaren seemingly trying to emulate Carver - and to date no striker who even knows where the net is.

Guest neesy111

He's on 45k a week.