Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Taylor wants more money, Man City have loads of money and Taylor has been transfer listed. It's the easiest rumour to make up, a very very poor effort, especially since we have nearly a year untill his contract ends.

It is written by Oliver ffs!!!! One of his best mates is Fred Shepherd who is Taylors agent. That is why this story is getting whacked around as leverage.

He is injured and won't be fit to play for a while and would be cheaper in January.  If clubs are interested, they would have been daft to sign him in this transfer window.

Unless he is all about the money which I really do not believe then City makes no sense.  Even if they want him just to make up the numbers, his career would stall completely and he would never play and he only need to look at Given and Bellamy to see what happens.  He would just be waiting to be loaned out to another club who could not afford to buy him because of the wages and one chosen as City as a non-rival club.

How long has he been injured for now?

You got to wonder wether the real reason he has not played is because he is serving a 9 month ban for testing positive for cocaine or missing a piss test  :shifty:

dont think hes played a competitve game since the wba game back in jan

• 1 month later...
Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We shouldn't need to convince him to stay after today.

Huh? By showing how good we are without him?

Bizarre logic.

Exactly :lol:

Guest Heneage

Bizarre logic.

Where did I say that? We are looking a much more stable side and club off the field.

He's better than Simpson at RB, I'd say he probably knows that, the chance to play in a settled side could do wonders for his England chances he'd be crazy to go elsewhere now. Even more so when you consider how short England are on RB's.

Bizarre logic.

Where did I say that? We are looking a much more stable side and club off the field.

He's better than Simpson at RB, I'd say he probably knows that, the chance to play in a settled side could do wonders for his England chances he'd be crazy to go elsewhere now. Even more so when you consider how short England are on RB's.

I know Simpson was the weak link last season especially towards the end, but he was carrying an injury and has done well since coming back. Don't write him off yet!

If we can keep him without giving him ridiculous wages I would, but if he wants to hold the club to ransome, which he seems to attempt everytime it comes to a new contract for him, he can get fucked. Not as important as I thought he would be when he came on the scene all those years ago.