Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest hobshobs

Whinge about lack of depth and whinge about a perfectly serviceable depth player being retained, bizarre IMO

Serviceable for what? League 1?  Not the premiership.

Of course he's servicable, not as a starter but he provides perfectly decent depth and his record proves it. He's happy to be "depth" (which shouldn't be underestimated) is evidently a good influence in the dressing room. Seriously what's not to like.

It's not like they'll be getting shot of Cisse because of this and Shola is to be our featured striker FFS

I'd rather have Shola than £5 Million man Danny Graham any day of any week.

Jeez, 6 of us having a Sunday pint this afternoon and to a man said we'd rather have a lazy Michael Owen than bloody Shola. Complete waste of space. Actually infuriating that even the smallest percentage of my season ticket money may go towards keeping this abomination of a football player on.

Jeez, 6 of us having a Sunday pint this afternoon and to a man said we'd rather have a lazy Michael Owen than bloody Shola. Complete waste of space. Actually infuriating that even the smallest percentage of my season ticket money may go towards keeping this abomination of a football player on.

The worst thing for me isn't how much I pay towards keeping him, it's the thought of having to watch him for even longer.

Guest hobshobs

Why on earth would you rather have Owen?

To be honest I think I just said that 'cause he's been in the news and one of the lads mentioned him by name. What we actually said was we'd rather have anybody than Shola. Truth of the matter is Owen was a disgrace when he was with us but Shola is as bad.

Owen never once stated he loved the club. Shola continually waffles on about his commitment and caring for this institution of ours. How he can say he cares about the club yet on the pitch lumbers around like tomorrow will do is beyond me. Is there actually any other club in the Premiership or Championship that would even consider taking him. I doubt it.

It's made this season that we make the Europa League final, it gets to penalties and he takes the last one to get us the trophy.

Wouldn't even be exciting that very last penalty as we all know that he'll score it.

To be honest I think I just said that 'cause he's been in the news and one of the lads mentioned him by name. What we actually said was we'd rather have anybody than Shola. Truth of the matter is Owen was a disgrace when he was with us but Shola is as bad. How he can say he cares about the club yet on the pitch lumbers around like tomorrow will do is beyond me. Is there actually any other club in the Premiership or Championship that would even consider taking him. I doubt it.

The reason he "lumbers around" is due to him having sacrificed himself in the past for the club's benefit, so it's pretty harsh to blame him for that and to imply that he doesn't care for the club is just ridiculous. As someone to bring on at the end of matches to offer something a bit different I think Shola's worth hanging on to, we need to sign another goalscorer in the summer regardless of whether Shola's here or not, so to have him as another option as well is obviously better than not having that option.

Guest hobshobs

To be honest I think I just said that 'cause he's been in the news and one of the lads mentioned him by name. What we actually said was we'd rather have anybody than Shola. Truth of the matter is Owen was a disgrace when he was with us but Shola is as bad. How he can say he cares about the club yet on the pitch lumbers around like tomorrow will do is beyond me. Is there actually any other club in the Premiership or Championship that would even consider taking him. I doubt it.

The reason he "lumbers around" is due to him having sacrificed himself in the past for the club's benefit, so it's pretty harsh to blame him for that and to imply that he doesn't care for the club is just ridiculous. As someone to bring on at the end of matches to offer something a bit different I think Shola's worth hanging on to, we need to sign another goalscorer in the summer regardless of whether Shola's here or not, so to have him as another option as well is obviously better than not having that option.

It's harsh that I have to work bloody hard all week to watch him offer virtually nothing in a black and white shirt. As for sacrificing himself, sorry sacrifice and Shola just don't go together, he rarely even breaks sweat in a black and white shirt. One thing I do agree on though, he most certainly does offer something different. It's a different class of different as well. Scottish Third Division class and that would be pushing it.

Guest Vinkent

It's made this season that we make the Europa League final, it gets to penalties and he takes the last one to get us the trophy.

Wouldn't even be exciting that very last penalty as we all know that he'll score it.

Any other day I'd be confident but I'd be shitting my pants if this was the case :lol:

It's harsh that I have to work bloody hard all week to watch him offer virtually nothing in a black and white shirt. As for sacrificing himself, sorry sacrifice and Shola just don't go together, he rarely even breaks sweat in a black and white shirt. One thing I do agree on though, he most certainly does offer something different. It's a different class of different as well. Scottish Third Division class and that would be pushing it.

He played through numerous injuries because we didn't have anyone else and this has completely fucked his hips, that is why he "lumbers around the pitch". I would say that was sacrificing himself.

It's not excessive in the slightest :lol: I worry about the people who seem to forget his consistently piss poor performances and say daft things like above.

One thing I do agree on though, he most certainly does offer something different. It's a different class of different as well. Scottish Third Division class and that would be pushing it.

Ok.

We're always going to need a third or fourth choice striker. We're lucky to have one who is reliable within his obvious limitations, gives us a certain stickability when we're trying to hold on to a game, occasionally pulls off something special, is relatively content to warm the bench and take his opportunities, loves the club, and is a force for good around the place. In the latter context, we probably need him even more now that Harps will be on his way.

We're always going to need a third or fourth choice striker. We're lucky to have one who is reliable within his obvious limitations, gives us a certain stickability when we're trying to hold on to a game, occasionally pulls off something special, is relatively content to warm the bench and take his opportunities, loves the club, and is a force for good around the place. In the latter context, we probably need him even more now that Harps will be on his way.

Spot on.

Guest Roger Kint

I get it like, I really do. I'd just rather have someone that's good.

We can easily have both tbh