Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

If he's that poor (and I'm certainly not disputing it), imagine how it reflects on the managers that pick him.

The guy's rubbish, but he's still here in 2013. I can't blame him for that, it's a joke.

Guest reefatoon

The trouble with Shola is he know's fine well he would not get a club anywhere near us if he left. (Stoke and Ipswich were sniffing one time, when Stoke were in the Championship).  It just so happens he failed a medical at Ipswich (yeah of course he did, why would he want to leave).

He has coasted through his career with minimum effort (apart from the training ground where a clutch of managers have said he looks great). Long injury lay off's and a tiny spattering of good things in his whole career here.  He has loved the gravy train he has been on.

Guest reefatoon

You don't see laziness?? Christ he is one of the most bone idol footballers I have ever had the misfortune to watch.

You notice it more on TV than at the ground, when he lays it off or manages to flick it on to another player, the camera moves away, but no Shola joining the attack. The ball gets cleared and when the camera pans back up the pitch, there is our big plank of a striker, ambling up the pitch, the opposite way to everyone else after he had been ball watching.

He doesn't pick or pay himself.

I think I've said that before too. My feeling is that there is only so much frustration with him one can take before the excess starts overflowing into the anger category.

You don't see laziness?? Christ he is one of the most bone idol footballers I have ever had the misfortune to watch.

You notice it more on TV than at the ground, when he lays it off or manages to flick it on to another player, the camera moves away, but no Shola joining the attack. The ball gets cleared and when the camera pans back up the pitch, there is our big plank of a striker, ambling up the pitch, the opposite way to everyone else after he had been ball watching.

You could say his style is not dissimilar to the lethargic style of a Dimitar Berbatov or a Zlatan Ibrahimovic

I think it's more his physicality and lack of mobility than laziness.

Guest reefatoon

You could say his style is not dissimilar to the lethargic style of a Dimitar Berbatov or a Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Don't say things like that man, Joe will give him a new 4 year contract!

:lol:

Guest reefatoon

Difference between being lazy, and being physically unable to move himself about much.

Exactly.

Don't think it's all down to that. He trains every day, he should be able to move around a football pitch for the 10 - 15 mins he comes on.  He can't be that physically unable or he wouldn't be anywhere near professional football.  I think he also switches off which explains a lot of him being nowhere near the run of play.

At the end of the day, lazy/physical wreck/thick as mince, they all sum up our number 23.

Can't see why anyone would give him a negative send off. Local lad who came through and regardless of people’s opinions calling him lazy or anything else, he has given his all for the club. I'm the first to admit i couldn't stand Shola, i called him week in, week out for years. However he slowly won me over, i came to realise it wasn't his fault he was so shit and managers stuck by him. He's never caused any trouble here, he's been popular in the dressing room, he's created some good memories on the pitch and some good chant memories off it. The end of the day, he's been regularly shit for the past decade, he's been booed off the pitch, he's been booed on it but he's always kept his dignity and never retaliated. Been one of the few players who has actually treated this club with the respect it deserves, a true professional and I will look back on his career here as a fond one.

Can't see why anyone would give him a negative send off. Local lad who came through and regardless of people’s opinions calling him lazy or anything else, he has given his all for the club. I'm the first to admit i couldn't stand Shola, i called him week in, week out for years. However he slowly won me over, i came to realise it wasn't his fault he was so shit and managers stuck by him. He's never caused any trouble here, he's been popular in the dressing room, he's created some good memories on the pitch and some good chant memories off it. The end of the day, he's been regularly shit for the past decade, he's been booed off the pitch, he's been booed on it but he's always kept his dignity and never retaliated. Been one of the few players who has actually treated this club with the respect it deserves, a true professional and I will look back on his career here as a fond one.

:clap:

Guest reefatoon

Can't see why anyone would give him a negative send off. Local lad who came through and regardless of people’s opinions calling him lazy or anything else, he has given his all for the club. I'm the first to admit i couldn't stand Shola, i called him week in, week out for years. However he slowly won me over, i came to realise it wasn't his fault he was so s*** and managers stuck by him. He's never caused any trouble here, he's been popular in the dressing room, he's created some good memories on the pitch and some good chant memories off it. The end of the day, he's been regularly s*** for the past decade, he's been booed off the pitch, he's been booed on it but he's always kept his dignity and never retaliated. Been one of the few players who has actually treated this club with the respect it deserves, a true professional and I will look back on his career here as a fond one.

Don't agree at all, he has been a total waste of space on the football pitch.  I can't think of another player who has frustrated me as much as Shola has.  I can't wait to see the back of him, I have been wanting him gone for years, and I won't be looking back fondly at all.  The sooner he is gone and forgotten, the better for me.

Don't agree at all, he has been a total waste of space on the football pitch.  I can't think of another player who has frustrated me as much as Shola has.  I can't wait to see the back of him, I have been wanting him gone for years, and I won't be looking back fondly at all.  The sooner he is gone and forgotten, the better for me.

:llorente?:

The children of the future will all here Shola stories. This man won't be forgotten.

Guest reefatoon

:llorente?:

The children of the future will all here Shola stories. This man won't be forgotten.

:lol: We can't do that to the poor kids man