Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Pardew said: “Since I’ve been here I think he’s as good a striker as I’ve ever worked with and he should take that confidence because I’ve worked with a few good ’uns – Zamorra, Tevez, Harewood, Sheringham.

“There is no reason why Shola at this late stage in his career can’t have a fantastic end to it.”

Just stumbled across this, taken from April 2011.

Guest reefatoon

He is going to be injured until 3rd September isn't he.  We will never ever be able to get rid.

:sad: :'( :( :'( :sad: :'( :( :'( :rant:

Pardew's biggest failing as a manager is rating this guy so highly. Seriously what does he see in him? The guy can barely move. Fair enough if he was some monster in the air and brought others into play but he does neither.

If Ameobi is still here and we don't sign any new strikers we are 100% getting relegated.

If he didn't rate Shola as some sort of 2nd coming (feel free to link an interview where he gushes about how much he loves shola) then he would have peddled him along time ago when we had Ba, Cisse, Best all at the club ahead of him.

Shola is clever as fuck. He's known all along even when he is out the team that eventually people will leave and he shoots right back up the ranking. If Cisse goes he is effectively first choice striker. I'll let people think about that for awhile.

Alan Pardew, talking about Shola Ameobi. Going into the 2013/2014 season.

“Certainly, with my striker situation at the moment, I need as many as I can get.”

:lol:

Fucking hell.

Tbf JFK isn't helping with his gross ineptitude nor Ashley with his penny-pinching.

The thought of Shola playing 20+ games... :anguish:

Edit: Also reads like a slight to JFK over the lack of transfer activity.

I'm basing this on watching zero championship football last year but I hazard a guess you could grab the best striker from any of the championship clubs and they would probably do a better job than Shola.

I'm basing this on watching zero championship football last year but I hazard a guess you could grab the best striker from any of the championship clubs and they would probably do a better job than Shola.

Might involve paying a fee for a player who isn't a FrenchAfrican in a contract wrangle though. Dangerous game.

Some major flapping over nothing going on here. Its the article making assumptions from some pretty limited quotes.

If we get the strikers in we want Shola will be gone or at worst will linger in the squad as extreme backup. He isn't going to say anything else at the moment given our horrific situation.

Pardew won't have a say in him staying or going anyway.

Don't even know how anyone can joke. Real fans would hound him out of the club.

It's easy to hound Shola out of your club when someone like Higuain is deemed surplus to requirements.

Pards saying we are trying to bring in a striker, if not 2. Obviously only getting 1 in then, Shola is gonna be our impact player on the bench (what impact?) We need to sell him, loan Campbell out and bring 3 strikers in