Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

I honestly wouldn't mind Shola staying on if his role was just a good lad to have around, I think he is probably a good influence amongst the squad. The fact he would still be getting a lot of game time is the ridiculous thing.

I honestly wouldn't mind Shola staying on if his role was just a good lad to have around, I think he is probably a good influence amongst the squad. The fact he would still be getting a lot of game time is the ridiculous thing.

I hope he never returns in any capacity whatsoever.

Guest I-Was-There

Can see a Peter Lovenkrands scenario here, he'll be released then signed back on to "bolster squad numbers" 6 weeks later after being allowed to train with the side in pre-season to aid fitness. Especially seeing as you're only going to have Cissé as a recognised striker when Remy, De Jong and Shola go, meaning realistically you'll need 3 new players just to fill the striking positions alone and you're not all that familiar with signing heaps of players in recent times.

I really cannot begrudge the lad at all, I think he believes he is good enough and has put his body through a lot of pain to be available. His heart is in the right place and he comes across quite intelligent despite what you see from him on the pitch.

I would love him to stay on as a coach if he has the capabilities. I know a lot think he should have fucked off if he wanted the best for the club but personally I don't think it would have changed a thing, we wouldn't have turned around and said "well Shola's gone, better replace him with a top class striker", we would have ended up with someone of the same ability or worse.

The lad has been handed an opportunity any of us would have taken and has tried his best, unfortunately that often hasn't been good enough but to repeat the old cliché he doesn't pick himself.

If it's true Shola has been one of the group who resents ben arfa he is a poisonous presence and should f*** off out our club. The only redeeming feature of that is that they're just picking up on the manager's feelings. A player who contributes to dressing room divisions is not healthy, perfectly manageable but nonsense to keep around for purely dressing room unity. I suspect the problem is Shola sees himself too much as dressing room voice of the club etc. I think his heart is in the right place but he's not a proper leader.

I really cannot begrudge the lad at all, I think he believes he is good enough and has put his body through a lot of pain to be available. His heart is in the right place and he comes across quite intelligent despite what you see from him on the pitch.

I would love him to stay on as a coach if he has the capabilities. I know a lot think he should have fucked off if he wanted the best for the club but personally I don't think it would have changed a thing, we wouldn't have turned around and said "well Shola's gone, better replace him with a top class striker", we would have ended up with someone of the same ability or worse.

The lad has been handed an opportunity any of us would have taken and has tried his best, unfortunately that often hasn't been good enough but to repeat the old cliché he doesn't pick himself.

You want Shola to coach our strikers? Honestly?

If he is good enough then why not?

So Pardews master plan for moving forward, bench (and probably sell) hba + marveaux...extend sholas stay and make a move for snodgrass.

The future's bright, the future's Pardew'd.

I'd assume because we've all seen his ability as a striker?

Imagine Shola trying to tell Remy (yeah, I know) how to improve :D

I would love him to stay on as a coach if he has the capabilities. I know a lot think he should have f***ed off if he wanted the best for the club but personally I don't think it would have changed a thing, we wouldn't have turned around and said "well Shola's gone, better replace him with a top class striker", we would have ended up with someone of the same ability or worse.

He's not.

Imagine Shola telling our kids how to strike the ball cleanly

If there's any truth in this then it's another massive blow to Pardew. He's been publically humiliated into cowering into his home dugout and now he's asked for a player he wants to be given a new contract and the board have gone "errr, nor like."

Untenable. He's just hanging on now, the wall-pushers will be the ones to knock the cunt out.

If there's any truth in this then it's another massive blow to Pardew. He's been publically humiliated into cowering into his home dugout and now he's asked for a player he wants to be given a new contract and the board have gone "errr, nor like."

Untenable. He's just hanging on now, the wall-pushers will be the ones to knock the cunt out.

It's going to be a glorious day.

I would love him to stay on as a coach if he has the capabilities. I know a lot think he should have f***ed off if he wanted the best for the club but personally I don't think it would have changed a thing, we wouldn't have turned around and said "well Shola's gone, better replace him with a top class striker", we would have ended up with someone of the same ability or worse.

He's not.

If any of that was relevant Beardsley would be doing Mourinho's job and Mourinho would still be translating.

Shola has probably played more games at a higher level than Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger combined. As I said, IF he has the capabilities then I would love him to stay on as a coach. He is a local lad who has the club in his heart.

He's not.

If any of that was relevant Beardsley would be doing Mourinho's job and Mourinho would still be translating.

Shola has probably played more games at a higher level than Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger combined. As I said, if he has the capabilities then I would love him to stay on as a coach. He is a local lad who has the club in his heart.

He's not played at a high level to any sort of standard.

Also why are we comparing management with coaching? The 3 you mentioned all command respect either through fear, achievement or dearth of knowledge does Shola?

He's not.

Shola has probably played more games at a higher level than Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger combined. As I said, IF he has the capabilities then I would love him to stay on as a coach. He is a local lad who has the club in his heart.

Nonsense. What you're saying is because Shola is Shola he should be given a chance to try his hand at coaching. How about we find coaches who actually have ability?

He's not.

Shola has probably played more games at a higher level than Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger combined. As I said, if he has the capabilities then I would love him to stay on as a coach. He is a local lad who has the club in his heart.

He's not played at a high level to any sort of standard.

Also why are we comparing management with coaching? The 3 you mentioned all command respect either through fear, achievement or dearth of knowledge does Shola?

Neither of us know the answer to that question. You would hope any decent manager had some capability to coach and it's hard to tell how good a coach is when at the end of the day the manager has the final say/instruction.

You've basically taken Shola's ability as a player and decided he could never do anything else in football which is a ridiculous assumption. Especially as a clearly clarified I would be happy for Shola to be a coach if he was capable.

Give him Terry Mac's old job.

He's not.

Nonsense. What you're saying is because Shola is Shola he should be given a chance to try his hand at coaching. How about we find coaches who actually have ability?

Far too novel for this club.

Depressing thing is Cajuns misguided thoughts are now accurate than common sense where this club is concerned