Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

I'm starting to understand Golfmag's position, some people either can't read or refuse to comprehend a sentence because a certain person has been mentioned :lol:

You're saying that IF Shola has coaching ability, he should be made a coach at the club.

How exactly will we know if he has, without making him a coach first?

I'm starting to understand Golfmag's position, some people either can't read or refuse to comprehend a sentence because a certain person has been mentioned :lol:

The guy who said we didn't understand but refused to enlighten us?

What could Shola actually teach anyone?

If he does have anything to teach why hasn't he applied it to his own game?

Why hasn't Beardsley? He was an absolute genius as a footballer.

I'd like to think he does? Also until recently all he did was over see development which implies he had a less hands on roll

A lot of top managers and coaches have been pretty average/gash footballers and vice versa. You will never know how well they are going to do in that role, until you give them the chance.

A lot of top managers and coaches have been pretty average/gash footballers and vice versa. You will never know how well they are going to do in that role, until you give them the chance.

But why should we? If he wants to be a coach there are plenty of league two clubs looking for coaches.

But why should we? If he wants to be a coach there are plenty of league two clubs looking for coaches.

I never said we should. But he already knows the club, staff and players here so it would be a good place for him to start, if he did want to gain experience in coaching.

I never said we should. But he already knows the club, staff and players here so it would be a good place for him to start, if he did want to gain experience in coaching.

Wow. Just wow.

Stop being remotely sensible you moron, he's a shit footballer so will never make anything of himself after his playing career!

I'd like to think we'd move away from the old "seems like a decent lad, give him another role at the club and see if he's any good". Much prefer it if we went out and hired a few good coaches with a bit of pedigree.

Jobs for the boys is exactly what we need to get away from. It's precisely why we're in this mess.

Aye can't believe people are advocating this, this is how we ended up with Pardew, woodman and the likes

Jobs for the boys is exactly what we need to get away from. It's precisely why we're in this mess.

What we need to get away from is shit stereotyping.

"Jobs for the boys" I know his stock couldn't be much lower but I don't remember Carver getting as much stick under SBR. I also remember his re-appointment being lauded by the majority.

"Shit footballer so couldn't possibly teach anything" as mentioned before, look at some of the top managers around the world. Then look at some of the horrific managers who were very good players.

Shola may well go on to be an excellent coach but I'd like someone else to take a chance on him to prove it one way or the other. I'd much prefer to hire coaches who have already proven they're quite good at it. How likely that is to happen is another issue entirely.

If we had a god manager who already had a good technical staff, then sure you can let someone like Ameobi cut his teeth with the club.

We have a dodgy manager and backroom staff, who likely only want Shola around because he backs them in the dressing room. No thanks!

Because you can't teach what Pedro could do. It comes with talent, natural intelligence and years of practice.