Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Ameobi was always popular at Newcastle, mainly because he was a good bloke and "club-man" behind the scenes, and a steady player when called upon. I think that post is just expressing frustration that we've picked up Ameobi on a free.

:lol:

Steady? What the fuck is a steady striker. One who walks around and never scores?

Guest John Carvery

Ameobi was always popular at Newcastle, mainly because he was a good bloke and "club-man" behind the scenes, and a steady player when called upon. I think that post is just expressing frustration that we've picked up Ameobi on a free.

:lol:

Steady? What the f*** is a steady striker. One who walks around and never scores?

A striker who plays with the style of Jonathon Stead.

Guest John Carvery

Ironic as it is Shola would have made a good centre half.

There's more to being a centre back than being massive

Dion Dublin used to play both positions, he was massive. The only difference being Dion dublin was a clinical assertive finisher.

I have said this a few times, but I was there the day he scored against us at the Camp Nou. He was a handful that night, looked like a genuine prospect.

So was I, brilliant trip.

Where's your Figo gone?

I have said this a few times, but I was there the day he scored against us at the Camp Nou. He was a handful that night, looked like a genuine prospect.

Where's your Figo gone?

Me too, was awesome. :)

There's more to being a centre back than being massive

Dion Dublin used to play both positions, he was massive. The only difference being Dion dublin was a clinical assertive finisher.

Shola persistently fouled as a striker, imagine all the free-kicks he'd have given away challenging with the striker for balls from goal-kicks, etc. Would have been an even shitter, more error prone version of Bramble.

Where's your Figo gone?

I was sitting near the away fans, incidentally (I always do, cheaper seats and more banter).

Guest antz1uk

Where's your Figo gone?

me too, was right up at the back, then when shola scored i followed through in sheer excitement! great couple of days that was, apart from the rain

Guest firetotheworks

Where's your Figo gone?

me too, was right up at the back, then when shola scored i followed through in sheer excitement! great couple of days that was, apart from the rain

You mention rain like caking your duds wasn't the low point. :lol:

Guest antz1uk

they were sharp whipped off after a quick waddle down to the bogs, that rain man! i had to fly home via stansted the next day as we had to book extra flights & I swear I thought I was gonna need hospitalising with the flu

What a load of s***. :lol:

We'll lets see.

He's slow, always out of position (offside), has a sloppy touch, a header that's all over the place, has no desire, loves a gentle stroll around the pitch ...

Yup, makes no sense to me either  :lol: