Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

re: that Arsenal game, search "The Great Shola Ameobi" on everyone's favourite video-sharing site and watch the first 17 seconds.

"It's difficult when your second touch is a tackle" :lol:

:smitten:

Yes, he's a bit crap but at least he loves the club and tries when he's on the pitch.  For that alone he deserves respect having seen so many wasters just going through the motions.  It's not his fault he's rubbish  :lol:

Yes, he's a bit crap but at least he loves the club and tries when he's on the pitch.  For that alone he deserves respect having seen so many wasters just going through the motions.  It's not his fault he's rubbish  :lol:

Well I assume he tries in his own way. I believe he loves the club and is passionate but I can't list the times he has expressed it by busting a gut and tirelessly working. He spends 90% of his time on the pitch ambling around dragging his feet and smiling like a cheshire cat when we are losing.

Maybe that's just his style, but if he was just as shit but actually looked like he cared and ran around a bit more I think there would be a lot less people on his back. He gives the impression if he applied himself more in every game he could actually be a half decent player.

Guest hobshobs

And yet another non-performance from Mr Ameobi at Anfield as I write. Plastic bag on the pitch has shown more passion.

The people who think this guy offers more than Best...

4-3 with Best.

:lol:

They're both mediocre imo. Shola's a better finisher where Best is generally a bit more consistent, if the couple months we've seen of him play regularly are anything to go by.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Best works a lot harder than any of our forwards. Definitely first choice.

He's never, ever leaving people. Anybody that still has even an ounce of hope that he will, needs to forget it and get real.

He'll always manage to wriggle a new contract out of someone, will always turn down any outside interest. He's the anti-Carroll in that respect, can't get rid of him even when the club wanted to.

The people who think this guy offers more than Best...

4-3 with Best.

:lol:

They're both mediocre imo. Shola's a better finisher where Best is generally a bit more consistent, if the couple months we've seen of him play regularly are anything to go by.

Shola's hit 5 league goals this season. If that's mediocre you don't know football.

Still better than Lovenkrands for having vaguely threatening physical attributes and occasionally coming deep to collect the ball instead of hanging on the shoulder of the last man despite having zero ability to beat him.

A fair few of those will be penalties too. Pathetic.

If he'd come through the academy or whatever at Crewe, he'd still be there.

He would have still ended up here, you just know it :lol: