Wolves 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/08/10 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

McCarthy is an utter utter c*** for storming over to Barton there at full time.

Why did he do that to Barton?

Guess he thought his challenge was a bad one....comical seeing his classless dirty team fouled their way through 90 minutes.

I rhought the reason Carroll got subbed was to prevent him from getting a second yellow. We lost a bit of steam but it was the final ten minutes and our players looked like they had settled for the draw anyway.

Could be the case indeed.

Guest VegasToon

He's got a fucking nerve. Joey Barton has been a saint today in comparison to how he was targetted. fucking disgusting.

Barton was great for keeping his composer.  I am still shocked how Wolves still had 11 men at the end of the game.

I rhought the reason Carroll got subbed was to prevent him from getting a second yellow.

Hopefully it was partly that and partly because of his tender ankle or whatever it was troubling him. And not for any sporting reasons.

Is Barton targeted ?

Yes.

I hope Mick McCarthy dies a painful death after the way he got his team to play today.

Fair play to Barton he has to get used to that because i'm sure he'll get the same against other teams I'm looking forward to seeing the new CM Tiote

You can't expect him to put up with that sort of treatment every week.  Fair enough, he has to keep his cool, but even a zen buddhist is going to get frustrated when defenders are allowed to fly in with impunity like Wolves did today. 

I rhought the reason Carroll got subbed was to prevent him from getting a second yellow. We lost a bit of steam but it was the final ten minutes and our players looked like they had settled for the draw anyway.

also came into the match with a slight injury too.

Good point, but should have won it. Looked like a match between top and bottom during most of first half. Our play was way too fast for them. Ben Arfa could have been a match winner here I guess.  Wolves couldn't cope with Wayne "no end product" Routledge, so I guess Ben Arfa woul've terrorized them big time.

Now bring on Blackpool!

Is Barton targeted ?

Yes.

I hope Mick McCarthy dies a painful death after the way he got his team to play today.

Fair play to Barton he has to get used to that because i'm sure he'll get the same against other teams I'm looking forward to seeing the new CM Tiote

You can't expect him to put up with that sort of treatment every week.  Fair enough, he has to keep his cool, but even a zen buddhist is going to get frustrated when defenders are allowed to fly in with impunity like Wolves did today. 

old fart alert !!!!....i remember teams doing similar to kevin dillon in his time here.

He didn't look like he was going to get sent off though. He was a bit hot-headed at one point but he didn't look like another yellow waiting to happen to me.

Just seemed silly to me because we basically invited Wolves on to us for the end of the game, Nolan and Shola up front must never happen again at any point.

He's got a fucking nerve. Joey Barton has been a saint today in comparison to how he was targetted. fucking disgusting.

Barton was great for keeping his composer.  I am still shocked how Wolves still had 11 men at the end of the game.

He did well, you'd think he would get his own Bach. Could have easily started Chopin them down in retaliation.

Guest VegasToon

Worst part is no one in the media will notice this shit.

No the media will show a picture of Barton and claim he is growing a Hitler mustache.

Don't know much about the game as I was out for a meal but pleased with the result. :thup: Got some funny looks celebrating in the Three Mile Inn bar when we equalised as it was only possible to see the end of the ground name on the left hand side - 'ux' - so a few people hadn't realised yet.

Guest VegasToon

He did well, you'd think he would get his own Bach. Could have easily started Chopin them down in retaliation.

:lol:  Its early for me.  You know what I mean.