Would you take 17th place right now ?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I still remember how everyone was saying before the season starts, that they would be content if we just survive this season, but after losing against fellow promoter Blackpool, everyone is already panicking. I would still be happy with a 17th place this season if Im being realistic, and if we compare our situation to other teams in the league such as West Ham, i think we are in a better shape than them.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If I was offered it at any point this season (If we are not mathematically unable to be relegated, which is unlikely) I would take it.

Does anyone remember Hull in their first season back. We won't continue this run and whilst we are good enough for closer to the top ten, we should appreciate our limitations - I'd snatch 17th with both hands right now tbh.

:whistle:

;)

That's a silly comparison, but I'm sure you weren't being serious ??? :lol:

given our tactically naiive manager, i am forced to say yes.  IF we brought in more experienced manager, i think he could do more with this pile of players.

I have no confidence in hughton will learn fast enough to keep us up; the CCC gave us more time to adjust and tbh other teams lack of firepower helped us out alot.

We have to bear in mind that only one of our new players was starting yesterday. We knew that the old side would struggle at this level, and that's why the new lads have been brought in. For reasons of fitness or lack of training with the rest of the side, we haven't seen much of them, but that will change.

We saw last season that Blackpool can play good football. I think they'll still struggle in the second half of the season, but they're not cannon fodder by any means.

Does anyone remember Hull in their first season back. We won't continue this run and whilst we are good enough for closer to the top ten, we should appreciate our limitations - I'd snatch 17th with both hands right now tbh.

:whistle:

;)

That's a silly comparison, but I'm sure you weren't being serious ??? :lol:

Part of it was tongue in cheek, but the bolded bit is what I was hinting at seriously. For those that were starting to enter la la land, this defeat should bring them back to earth.

Guest Wally_McFool

Unless we start getting a better return than 1 point from 6 against "fellow relegation rivals", 17th place will be a pipedream.

I do think we will stop up but it will be a long hard slog. At Premier League level, we  still have a pretty mediocre team when all is said and done.

i would love to take 17th. Without trying to sound kneejerk, we have a tough game coming up, and the kind of games at Blackpool will happen to us again in this league. It is still going to be a long campaign and anyone who wouldn' take 17th is mad