Would you take 17th place right now ?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've done enough to stay up this season like. And Shola/Best/Loven will fluke enough goals to give us the rest of the points we need.

It's the summer we need to worry about now.

Unlikely that we will be relegated as things stand...but why even take that gamble?  It still appeared unlikely 2 years ago today.  I'd say our chances of relegation this season just increased to about 30-35%.  

Don't think we can compare our current situation to 2 years ago today.  We're much better off this time around, even the terrible points haul from the remainder of that season (11 points from 15 games) would keep us up this time (think we'll finish on around 50 points though).

Said it a trillion times before in this thread: YES. Now we will go down -again.

Don't be fucking daft :lol:

This is why I think it is unlikely that we will go down.  After cooling down, I even think a 30% chance of relegation is way too high now, particularly with West Brom's abysmal form.  I am not comparing the squads.  I am more looking at our position in 2009.  We were horrible, but there were some absolute piles of dogshit in the league that even a horrible squad like ours should have limped ahead.  I did not expect us to get relegated that season.  I really didn't.  But we did.

It seems that Ashley is quite good at manufacturing chaos when there doesn't need to be any.  The fat fuck is clearly an agent of entropy.

I've got that sinking feeling. 17th, Yes please.

Yup. Not wanting to jump the bandwagon, but with Ameobi out for a few weeks at least and only really Best, Ranger and Lovenkrands as striking options, I'd say we really need to be mindful of a possible relegation dogfight on our hands. I'd take 17th now too.

:(

People are saying we'll stay up because we're better than Blackpool, Wigan, West Brom, West ham and Birmingham. Difference is that all them teams except Wigan have strengthed in the last window. West ham have brought in Ba and Keane, Birmingham have brought in Martins and West Brom have brought in Vela all these players will score in the PL we've brought no one in there is a genuine threat of us going down with Best Ranger and Loven up top.

If you look at the table right now, the spread between 8th or 9th and 20th is very, very small indeed.

There's no point saying with any confidence you won't go down, because right now, every single team between 8th and 20th is at risk, and all it takes is a duff run of results from a team at the upper level of that range, or a decent run from a team at the bottom, to totally change things.

The worrying thing is, I've seen teams like Wigan and Wolves play this season and thought they actually look pretty good. They've even picked up some impressive results.

It is the tightest PL for fucking ages, and quite frankly, anything could happen. Look at Everton, for example. Or Blackpool, who seem to be sinking fast.

I've got that sinking feeling. 17th, Yes please.

Yup. Not wanting to jump the bandwagon, but with Ameobi out for a few weeks at least and only really Best, Ranger and Lovenkrands as striking options, I'd say we really need to be mindful of a possible relegation dogfight on our hands. I'd take 17th now too.

:(

Dogfight :lol: Not laughing at the idea it can happen, just the idea of having Pardew running the trenches. There'll be lot more finger-pointing and a lot less togetherness than there would have been.

Yep I'm back to taking 17th again. Our defence is good and we have good midfielders but our strikeforce is the worst in the league (in a league that has Blackpool). But:

1. We're good at set pieces

2. Ben Arfa will be back soon

3. Cheick Tiote