What is your best Newcastle United Moment ?

Guest Rob 1988

Really puts into perspective how many great times we've had despite the trophy drought. A similar thread for the mackems and it would focus solely on the three or four times they've beaten us in the last 20 years.

Friendly against Gateshead in summer of 95. Think it was only my second match, and was one of Ferdinand's first games, saw him score two (think we won 4-0). My dad was working at the ground (polis), so snuck me and my brother down to the tunnel at half time and we got to shake all the players' and KK's hands as they came out for the second half. Was also sat next to the commentators from Metro FM so was on radio at half time saying what I thought of the game.

Not a bad day out all in all.

Guest Brazilianbob

For me it has to be the second leg of Fairs Cup final in Budapest when we came from 2 - 0 down at half time to win 3-2 for a 6- 2 aggregate win and our first ever ( and only) European trophy.

The highs of ther first leg when I saw us, as the underdogs, thrash a top (at that time) european side 3 - 0 at SJP, followed by the low of going 2 - 0 down in the first half of the second leg in Hungary, and fully expecting to lose the final, only to come out in the second half and bang in 3 goals to win the match and the cup final.  A marvellous feeling which most on here will never have experienced whilst following NUFC.

For me it has to be the second leg of Fairs Cup final in Budapest when we came from 2 - 0 down at half time to win 3-2 for a 6- 2 aggregate win and our first ever ( and only) European trophy.

The highs of ther first leg when I saw us, as the underdogs, thrash a top (at that time) european side 3 - 0 at SJP, followed by the low of going 2 - 0 down in the first half of the second leg in Hungary, and fully expecting to lose the final, only to come out in the second half and bang in 3 goals to win the match and the cup final.  A marvellous feeling which most on here will never have experienced whilst following NUFC.

were you there or listening ? was their full comentary on the radio back then as i don't think it was live on the box ?

Andy Cole scoring his 40th.

was that villa at home?- still the loudest ive ever heard sjp.

Paul Bracewell scored a screamer that match i seem to remember.

yeah im sure that was the equaliser, sticks with me cos the leazes end had just been built, the gallowgate wasstill terrace. I was in the Milburn paddocks and the noise coming from the leazes was the loudest ive ever heard at a stadium.

For me it has to be the title winning match of the 1926/27 league season when we last won the English top division.

The highs of the league campaign, to thrash the top English teams so often, followed by the odd unexpected defeated, most newspapers writing off our chances, only to prove them all wrong - especially SkySportsNews. A marvellous feeling which most on here will never have experienced whilst following NUFC, Mick excepted.

Andy Cole scoring his 40th.

was that villa at home?- still the loudest ive ever heard sjp.

Paul Bracewell scored a screamer that match i seem to remember.

yeah im sure that was the equaliser, sticks with me cos the leazes end had just been built, the gallowgate wasstill terrace. I was in the Milburn paddocks and the noise coming from the leazes was the loudest ive ever heard at a stadium.

Might have to crack out The Entertainers over the weekend.

- Bellamy vs Feyenoord

- 4-3 against Man.utd

- Beating PSV 2-1 at home in the UEFA Cup quarterfinal

- 7-1 against Spurs

- 6-0 against Villa

- When Keegan came back in 2008

The 85th minute goal against Portsmouth that kept us in division 1 early 90s. Headed down by Mickey Quinn to Ned Kelly who smashed it into the Gallowgate end, loudest roar I ever heard.

This. Was amazing to be a part of it (I was in the Scoreboard that day)

This was another reason why Ned was such a major player for us in his 2 year stay. Saved us with that goal v Pompey, then scored well over 20 in the promotion season that followed.

A really good lad to have around the dressing room, and never stopped running. Also went to see us play at Coventry in the first season in the PL, even though he had been sold to Wolves.

The 85th minute goal against Portsmouth that kept us in division 1 early 90s. Headed down by Mickey Quinn to Ned Kelly who smashed it into the Gallowgate end, loudest roar I ever heard.

This. Was amazing to be a part of it (I was in the Scoreboard that day)

This was another reason why Ned was such a major player for us in his 2 year stay. Saved us with that goal v Pompey, then scored well over 20 in the promotion season that followed.

A really good lad to have around the dressing room, and never stopped running. Also went to see us play at Coventry in the first season in the PL, even though he had been sold to Wolves.

ha ha i remember that, he was sat with kevin scott iirc who had got the tickets and scotty thought it would be funny to have ned sat in amongst all the toon fans. he loved it.

The Bellamy goal v. Feyenoord has been mentioned many times but for me it sticks out for a different reason. Over here in Canada I am surrounded by band wagon jumpers (Chelsea, Manure mostly) and then Italians who follow Serie A. I was in physio getting my knee worked on and they had the game on TV. I was confined to a bed next to a self proclaimed expert who kept telling anyone who would listen that Newcastle were out classed and really didn't belong at this level etc.

When the goal went in I started yelling YESSSSSS!!! Get the F*CK INNNNN!!! The physio came over and had to warn me that I was wrecking my knee and to sit still.

The other is Robert's "ninja kick" v Spurs. Ripped the piss out of the Spurs supporter at work over it asking if Spurs EVER entertained their fans with sh*t like that.

'Ned' Kelly will always be a legend to Newcastle supporters of a certain age. He was a proper player and man. :coolsmiley:

My first footballing hero.

Mick Lowe's commentary the night we sealed promotion at Grimsby when he screamed " David Kelly " awesome, sister taped match for me as I was down there, I kept playing it for months....