What is your best Newcastle United Moment ?

Guest Rob 1988

The Bellamy goal v. Feyenoord has been mentioned many times but for me it sticks out for a different reason. Over here in Canada I am surrounded by band wagon jumpers (Chelsea, Manure mostly) and then Italians who follow Serie A. I was in physio getting my knee worked on and they had the game on TV. I was confined to a bed next to a self proclaimed expert who kept telling anyone who would listen that Newcastle were out classed and really didn't belong at this level etc.

When the goal went in I started yelling YESSSSSS!!! Get the F*CK INNNNN!!! The physio came over and had to warn me that I was wrecking my knee and to sit still.

The other is Robert's "ninja kick" v Spurs. Ripped the piss out of the Spurs supporter at work over it asking if Spurs EVER entertained their fans with sh*t like that.

Robert's goal against Fulham was the best for me, it seemed impossible to do (cannot remember the Spuds one to be honest).

Robert's goal against Fulham was the best for me, it seemed impossible to do (cannot remember the Spuds one to be honest).

My mistype - I meant v Fulham. I mixed it up with Spurs in reference to the guy at the office...

I stand corrected.

Side note; GOAL 2 featured this goal in the opening scenes.

Treemag - I listened in on the radio too, as was at Uni in Middlesbrough. Went out on the beer after that and had a cracking night. :)

i remember listening to the radio in the kitchen with my dad, i was about 12 i think, in the first year of senior school.

went to bed that night with my barcode shirt on, didn't want to take it off and put school uniform on in the morning.

2nd goal at leicester to avoid relegation.

This, and said game ending to ensure we were spared the indignation of 3rd tier football. Ask S'land and Boro about that. They've been there.

Also the realisation that KK had signed for US as a player, then him appearing from the tunnel for his debut v QPR, not forgetting his goal that day too.

Friendly against Gateshead in summer of 95. Think it was only my second match, and was one of Ferdinand's first games, saw him score two (think we won 4-0). My dad was working at the ground (polis), so snuck me and my brother down to the tunnel at half time and we got to shake all the players' and KK's hands as they came out for the second half. Was also sat next to the commentators from Metro FM so was on radio at half time saying what I thought of the game.

Not a bad day out all in all.

Hah I was there too. We wore the maroon kit for the first time i think.

Shearers goal against portsmouth in 2006. Dean kiely was injured about 2 minutes after the goal, during the break in play alan walked over to the corner and was screaming YEESSSS and pulling on his shirt. I've searched youtube but no cameras seem to have caught it, it's something i'll never forget.

Also, a few weeks later we played west brom at home. Shearer was injured by that time if i'm not mistaken. We were winning with fifteen minutes to go, effectively relegating west brom, when all their fans up in the corner started singing there's only one alan shearer. Top moment.

I can't remember when it was, who we had as manager or who scored but there was a premier league match where we beat Man City 4:3 at home and I was literally two seats away from the division of our fans and the Citeh fans.  We were taunting them, as you do and they were all going mental and trying to get across the sizeable police barricade.  I'm not advocating violence or anything like that, but it was great to get one over on them cos', apart from Spurs they are my least favourite fans in any league we have played in.

Top 5 in no particular order

1. Keegan's debut goal against QPR

2. David Kelly against Portsmouth

3. O'Brien's over the wall freekick

4. Tino's hattrick goal against Barca

5. Rob Lee against Chelsea at Wembley

Absolutely spot on. All of them just fantastically celebrated  :celb:  :frantic:  :clap2:

Was tinos third the one where he took his shirt off and waved it in the air with the corner flag, or am i thinking of another game?

My lasting memory from that game was john beresford hammering luis figo off the ball. Every time the ref turned his back bez was getting stuck into him.

Was tinos third the one where he took his shirt off and waved it in the air with the corner flag, or am i thinking of another game?

My lasting memory from that game was john beresford hammering luis figo off the ball. Every time the ref turned his back bez was getting stuck into him.

I think it was yeah (Tino) cos' didn't he get booked for it as well?

I can't remember when it was, who we had as manager or who scored but there was a premier league match where we beat Man City 4:3 at home and I was literally two seats away from the division of our fans and the Citeh fans.  We were taunting them, as you do and they were all going mental and trying to get across the sizeable police barricade.  I'm not advocating violence or anything like that, but it was great to get one over on them cos', apart from Spurs they are my least favourite fans in any league we have played in.

2004-5 season with the Robbie Elliott chicken dance? Souness & Keegan managers if it's that game you're talking about.

Away to Derby the year we came back from 2-0 down to win 2-3. Shearer clashed heads with Rob Lee & had to go off, so we had Dyer and Lua Lua up front - some class, fluid, passing football rather than just booting it up at Shearer. Mint free kick from Robert the "wrong" way round the wall, and Lua Lua did the somersault and came right up to where I was to celebrate when he scored.

Was my first away game, could believe how much better the atmosphere was away. And the cherry on top of the cake was John "Prince of Darkness" Gregory getting sent of for quite rightly pointing out that we were offside for Dyer and Lua Lua's goals.

Great days!  :thup:

wrong game Tino put his shirt on the corner flag after scoring against Metz.

1. The Aston Villa match this season. Especially Barton's goal. The moment that ball went in - well, it was an absolutely special feeling.

2. Promotion/winning the title last season. Especially the games against Nottingham Forrest and Plymouth were all the fans celebrated on the pitch with the players.

3. Shearer becoming manager on 1st April 2008. I had high hopes after that again.  :undecided:

God, reading these makes me feel soooooo old especially as I have been living in Oz for over 30 years but here goes:

1.  Jimmy Scott's one/two to score the third in the 69 fairs cup final ist leg to go 3-0 up.

2.  Listening to radio budapest on the old radiogram at the second leg and feeling totally despondent at being 0-2 down at half time only to celebrate like buggery in the street half an hour later as Alan Foggon scored the third to make it 3-2.

3.  Supermacs two goals at hillsbrough in the semi final in 74.

4.  Tears in my eyes at Wembley in 74 after we got thumped 0-3 by liverpool but hearing only the balck and white army singing "we'll support you evermore" and drowning out the celedbrating scousers.

5.  Absolute in awe watching the most graceful player ever to appear in a B&W shirt.........Tony Green. What a player!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6.  Absolute elation as Alan Gowling equalised for a flu ridden toon in the 76 league cup final at wembley only for that lucky twat Tueart to come along and spoil it all.

7.  FA Cup quarter final away against WBA - 3-0 win and the whole of the Hawthorns seemed to taken over by the geordie hoarde singing "howay the lads" for what seemed like an hour non stop.

Just a few I can remember

The 6-0 against Villa last weekend is up there in all honesty - getting back into the Premiership at the first opportunity and twatting a top 10 side like we did, when they mocked us so much was a massive fuck off to everyone in world football, and a massively proud moment for any Newcastle fan.

Although,  to say this was the best moment would be underestimating the sentimental values of the Shearer testimonial and the Robson England vs Germany game. Both great spectacles for two heroes of varying types.

Aside from that, the goal against Feyenoord, or the away game against Marseille for me.

Guest firetotheworks

This is only really personal to me, but Alex Mathie's lovely goal vs Sheff Wed for us to win 4-2. That was the first match I ever went to.