What is your best Newcastle United Moment ?

Guest Rob 1988

End-of-season game against Manchester City, 1968. I was, like, 12, in the Gallowgate with my dad and my brother. While my father chatted to some old codgers further up the terraces, me and my brother went down the front and met some other kids, with whom we started singing -- Blaydon Races, various player songs ("sha-la-la-la McNamee" -- he scored our first), every other song we could think of though I can't remember them now. It was an exciting game. We'd lost our last four matches and lost this one, too, 3–4, but in a game in which they bagged the Division One title, we gave them a real fight. We sang our songs all over again, really singing our little hearts out, maybe a dozen of us... and then eventually ran out of steam. There was a moment's relative silence, and then the whole Leazes End started singing, "They've all gone quiet over there!" It took me a second to register, but then I realized that they were singing about us! I was so fucking proud.

I also really enjoyed the game, and then felt a bit guilty about enjoying a game so much when we'd lost, and then realised that it was OK to enjoy it because it really had been a good game, whatever the result. This wasn't my first game -- I'd been to a few others that season -- but I think it was that day that I really fell in love both with Newcastle United and with the game of football itself.

April 15th, 2006. My first ever game in St. James' Park, we beat Wigan 3-1 with Shearer scoring a brace! To see us win was something very, very special- but to see Shearer, the man I had worshiped my whole life and the man who, ultimately, got me into Newcastle United and football, to score a brace was something I'll never forget.

Also, seeing SJP for the first time was of equal meaning to me. That is still, to this day, the happiest day of my life!

And to round it off we beat the mackems 4-1 in the SOS two days later!  :smitten:

The day I chose Newcastle. Coming from Chelmsford, Essex, there are no local teams to choose from. You wouldn't pick Southend or Colchester because they are naturally rival towns. All the kids at school supported Arsenal, West Ham or Tottenham. Other kids got beaten up for supporting Manchester United or Liverpool as they were the Glory Hunters. I didn't know much about football, but saw a picture in an old football magazine of a team that played in black and white stripes. I saw that their star player was Peter Beardsley and he had the same birthday as me! I was hooked from that day on, always felt something magical about the Tower in our badge and the black and white stripes.

Certainly not our best moment, but when I watch Carroll's equaliser away to Stoke in our relegation season it still makes me think 'f***ing yes, man!'....gets the blood flowing, despite the goal being in vain in the end.

Was that when he had the lulz hair too?

Guest geoffasenna

alex mathies cracking goal in the famous away shirted sheff wed match at st james the season we went up, pi$$ing down with rain in b paddock with wor kid. excellent!

Certainly not our best moment, but when I watch Carroll's equaliser away to Stoke in our relegation season it still makes me think 'f***ing yes, man!'....gets the blood flowing, despite the goal being in vain in the end.

Was that when he had the lulz hair too?

Na man,  just the shaggy mop. :)

Loved kk's debut, o'brien's winner at roker, shearer's 2nd at inter, ned's Pompey goal, mickey quinn's debut n kenny Wharton sitting on the ball to name only a few. Quick shouts for bracewell's goal against Southend n tommy cassidy's against the mackems

Certainly not our best moment, but when I watch Carroll's equaliser away to Stoke in our relegation season it still makes me think 'Fucking yes, man!'....gets the blood flowing, despite the goal being in vain in the end.

That's one of my favourites too, quality.

leeds away 4-3 was brill. just about got  got parked and into the ground as the whistle for kick off sounded. there with my 2 kid brothers. nobby was so calm after he scored the winner - just stood with his arms spread out yards in front of us whilst we were all going absolutely apeshit. all i could do was scream - i was on the verge of tears i was so emotional.

1. Keegan's debut goal against QPR

2. David Kelly against Portsmouth

3. O'Brien's over the wall freekick

Yes, Yes and Yes.

Kellys goal top for me. I have never celebrated a goal like I have for that.

Does anyone know if there's somewhere on the web that I can see this goal? I've heard so much about it but never had the fortune of seeing it....

Guest jonnyameobi

I stopped going to away games a couple of years ago when i got married, but i would have f***ing loved to have been to plymouth last year.

best thing ever mate, didnt think much of the state of the pitch tho. we were all on the pitch singing and dancing around while the plymouth fans stayed in the stand and applauded us. fair play to them seen as they'd just been relegated

I watched it on telly like most on here and thought the way plymouth handled themselves, club and fans, was superb. The huge banner and applause for us before the game and then playing our tunes afterwards. Top class.

Guest jonnyameobi

I watched it on telly like most on here and thought the way plymouth handled themselves, club and fans, was superb. The huge banner and applause for us before the game and then playing our tunes afterwards. Top class.

totally agree mate, you wouldnt get that at many places nowadays

Guest Tall Striker

More recently . . . . . ..

The Sir Bobby Banner at Accrington . . . nice touch . . . . should make everyone proud that we were fortunate enough to have such a quality manager!

The SBR shrine at SJP was immense.

More recently . . . . . ..

The Sir Bobby Banner at Accrington . . . nice touch . . . . should make everyone proud that we were fortunate enough to have such a quality manager!

Let down completely by the "Magpie kicking" banner they revealed right next to it.

In terms of matches I've actually been at, the 3-1 against Boro was amongst the best for atmosphere and belief and performance.

We gave it all that night to get three points and I left absolutely adament we were staying up.