Newcastle United 0 - 2 Blackpool - 11/9/10 - post match reaction from page 20

JH

We just didn't do the things we did so well in the last couple of games where we pressurised the opposition into making mistakes and providing options for the player with the ball.

We could have scored a few on another day but we dithered with the ball in the goalmouth when we were in good positions and their defenders threw themselves at everything.

Hopefully this serves as a wake up call like the Derby game did last season after the Cardiff.

Did anybody else think that we took an age to come out for the second half?  I wonder if the players were voting on who would come off and when we'd make changes.

If this is a serious thought of you then you're a bit stupid imo.

Guest neesy111

Did anybody else think that we took an age to come out for the second half?  I wonder if the players were voting on who would come off and when we'd make changes.

If this is a serious thought of you then you're a bit stupid imo.

It wouldn't surprise me tbh.

Okay I'm barely sure why I'm bothering to write this, but here goes. I didn't watch or attend a game (went to the emirates for a mates birthday, although felt like crying at HT/FT seeing the Toon score) but I can't believe the negativity I've read in this read (from the amount I could stomach). Last home game we won 6-0 and people are kicking off that we didn't start the same line-up? We all know Smith and Nolan are shocking, but they both have done okay this season so far and have earned their places in the side for this match. A 2-0 defeat at home to the so-called whipping boys of the division yeah is a bit of a horror show but we've got to put this into perspective. You can't just throw first-choice players out of the side after 50 odd games just because a couple of signings come in.

Tiote, Ben Arfa and Campbell will all get their chance. We'll perform better than this and get points, and maybe even worse and sneak the odd one here and there. Let's not go into doom and gloom overdrive and demand Hughton/Ashley/Nolan/Harper/Williamson/Jesus out as we seem to be.

Guest neesy111

Okay I'm barely sure why I'm bothering to write this, but here goes. I didn't watch or attend a game (went to the emirates for a mates birthday, although felt like crying at HT/FT seeing the Toon score) but I can't believe the negativity I've read in this read (from the amount I could stomach). Last home game we won 6-0 and people are kicking off that we didn't start the same line-up? We all know Smith and Nolan are shocking, but they both have done okay this season so far and have earned their places in the side for this match. A 2-0 defeat at home to the so-called whipping boys of the division yeah is a bit of a horror show but we've got to put this into perspective. You can't just throw first-choice players out of the side after 50 odd games just because a couple of signings come in.

Tiote, Ben Arfa and Campbell will all get their chance. We'll perform better than this and get points, and maybe even worse and sneak the odd one here and there. Let's not go into doom and gloom overdrive and demand Hughton/Ashley/Nolan/Harper/Williamson/Jesus out as we seem to be.

We lost to a team we beat 4-1 5 months ago.  That's quite a turnaround, and people are rightly not happy at all.

No room for this kind of shit. :dowie:

At the end of the day, you can't expect to progress as a club, especially as a newly promoted one if you want to just stick by the players that got you there. You need to be ruthless, just like Keegan was when we were last promoted.

Guest neesy111

At the end of the day, you can't expect to progress as a club, especially as a newly promoted one if you want to just stick by the players that got you there. You need to be ruthless, just like Keegan was when we were last promoted.

Very true, he sold our top goalscorer.  Proved to be an unbelievable good decision.

Yep.

Funny that the same people saying he can't drop the longstanding players are those who were saying he wouldn't have any problem with doing it too.

After the first game of the season I'd have taken 4 points by this time of the season.

Stupid statement.

At lunchtime today I'd have been furious with that.

We'll get relegated if we think one good result allows us to have a bad one.

Losing to our potential relegation rivals is a really bad result, it's impossible to paint it any other way.

Guest neesy111

The big thing is will Hughton see what has gone wrong today, and make decisions to rectify why we lost.

If he does, then that's a positive for rest of the season (i.e. dropping smith and nolan).

If he doesn't then my doubts about Hughton being a manager that can keep us up will only go up in their percentage points.

Forget Smith & Nolan mpst of us have sussed there limitions so it seems pointless to bleat on about them but Joey Barton who is vastly overated mainly by himself but today as a attacking force he was nowhere near C.Adam.

CH big mistake today was giving a Blackpool team a style play most of them are used to playing a long ball to target men & central midfielders who run around giving 100%, should of started the two new boys & told the team "go out & play football".

Routledge had the beating of his man why he stoped running at there left back & we didnt feed him the ball a stack was baffling.

Jonas before he went off poping up in every postion but left wing seemed like he had lost the plot.

Stupid statement.

At lunchtime today I'd have been furious with that.

We'll get relegated if we think one good result allows us to have a bad one.

Losing to our potential relegation rivals is a really bad result, it's impossible to paint it any other way.

If we had to have had the two results that we've had at home so far I would have preferred to have had them the other way around.  We can't afford to gift teams 3 points when we'll probably be competing with them for league position at the end of the season.

Guest neesy111

It must be disappointing, but it is only one game.

It's not just that, it's happened for the last 6-7 years in this league, we always lose the games we really should expect a result out of.