Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Very happy if Pardew is any way involved with this, a team with Nolan in the starting 11 is never going to finish top 10. He's done well for us, fair play to him and wish him well. Provided replacements are signed who can score goals to make up for this and Carroll's loss it's a step forward.

I don't know who posted it but there was a quote from an American sports coach along the lines of "I'd rather risk losing a player a year before his peak than a year after it."

Sums the situation up quite well for me. Can't wait to see West Ham try and recoup that fee.

Very happy if Pardew is any way involved with this, a team with Nolan in the starting 11 is never going to finish top 10. He's done well for us, fair play to him and wish him well. Provided replacements are signed who can score goals to make up for this and Carroll's loss it's a step forward.

We were about three minutes away from doing just that a few weeks ago. ???

I don't know who posted it but there was a quote from an American sports coach along the lines of "I'd rather risk losing a player a year before his peak than a year after it."

Sums the situation up quite well for me. Can't wait to see West Ham try and recoup that fee.

If he leads them to promotion land alongside fat sam, the fee will be worth it for them. 

If he doesn't, :lol: till the cows come home.

Exactly :lol:

We went 3-0 up without our scouse hero IIRC. How did that happen since we can't score goals without him? We didn't win that game because we brought on Smith and Tiote was left out of the squad.

Guest magpie99

By all accounts, we offered him a decent contract but he wanted more. WHU have given him the security of a 5 year contract, something we were unwilling to do and despite his leadership skills and goals last year, I dont think he deserves more than we offered consiodering his age and fitness.

My major worry now is who is going to come into the club to replace the likes of Carroll, Nolan etc.

We have gone from the likes of Gameiro, Gervinho, N'Zogbia to Gardner, Erdinc, Ba and Barnetta. If all these players say no, what will we be left with...........Carlton Cole and other cast offs.

I am still waiting to see the players coming to the club who Carver reckons will put bums on seats.

Yeah but he wasn't in the team man

/sarcasm

Guest magpie99

Have WHU actually given him 5 years?

So much for learning from the mistakes of relegation. :lol:

According to the Sun, 5 year contract, 50K per week, transfer was 3.5M with an extra 0.5M if they come straight back up next season.

Guest magpie99

It was the correct decision to transfer the player to WHU. We have already got the player replacement, I just hope we have a replacement captain now to.

Would that be Ben Arfa or Cabaye?

Guest neesy111

Again, may not be a good transfer to us, but definitely a bad transfer for our counterparty....

Ridiculous bad deal for them, they in 1-2 years time will be stuck with a player that will be finished imo.

Have WHU actually given him 5 years?

So much for learning from the mistakes of relegation. :lol:

According to the Sun, 5 year contract, 50K per week, transfer was 3.5M with an extra 0.5M if they come straight back up next season.

The Sun

:hmm:

Still, if it really is that length of contract it's a ballsy move. I'm hoping you guys don't get that extra 500K.

Granted, It's probably worth 15m over five years if he scores 20 goals and takes them up next season.

Absolutely shocking contract in the abstract though. This deal sucks for us and sucks for them.

I'm not convinced about the "isn't as good without Carroll" theory. He scored 8 before Carroll left but 5 of those were in 2 games and 1 was a penalty. He scored from open play on 4 separate occasions in the new year in a far worse team.

I'm not sure why people are assuming Pardew has signed up to the sale. No doubt he'd have liked Nolan to stay another year or two for stability but if agreeing to a Nolan contract extension meant forgoing player X then he may well have backed the sale. Pardew does a good job in front of the media but don't think he shares all his secrets on film.