Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Love how Nolan has transformed into Alan Smith since he left.

It's post 2013 I think most people are thinking about, where I can't see him offering much to the side, and still have 2-3 years to go.

:thup:

Pretty fucking stupid to offer him, discuss at length and shake on a new deal in the first place then.

Some fans seem to constantly be giving Ashley and Llambias the benefit of the doubt.

Have they forgotten this ?

"The hearing declared that the club had admitted to 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United', while the evidence given by owner Mike Ashley and his fellow executives over the course of the two-week hearing was described at one point in the verdict as 'profoundly unsatisfactory'."

http://www.nufcmismanagement.info/llambias9.html

Everyone knows what came out at that tribunal, everyone knows what sort of an owner we have, everyone knows Llambias is a slimy c*nt. But the reality is that this is an industry full of despicable people and yet people still seem surprised that we aren't owned and run by angels. Look at Spurs hanging a decent manager/person like Martin Jol out to dry, and lying about Berbatov. Look properly at what the Glazers are doing at Man United. Look at Abramovich controlling transfer policy at Chelsea, sacking assistant managers and completely undermining Ancelotti (another decent man/manager). Anyone like the idea of Al Fayed, Carson Yeung or Sullivan and Gold? And does anyone really think those chicken boys at Blackburn know what they are doing? Check out great ex owners like Hicks and Gillet, Thaksin Shinawatra. Then you have the perennially unpopular owners past and present - Doug Ellis and the Everton lot spring to mind. Oh yes and there's good old Steve Gibson at Middlesbrough, an absolute gent by all accounts, I can't remember what happened to his football club though. I could go on but that will do.

And I hate to bring it up but our previous owners weren't perfect. 

Ashley bought the club at a critical time when no one else would, he stuck his own money in and has funded his own cock ups. I can handle the venom you can get on here for posting anything that doesn't completely rubbish anything and everything the club does. But anyone who won't even entertain the idea that we could end up with someone worse is deluded imo. 

Summed up in one post.

It's post 2013 I think most people are thinking about, where I can't see him offering much to the side, and still have 2-3 years to go.

Pretty f***ing stupid to offer him, discuss at length and shake on a new deal in the first place then.

Cynics would say it got the best out of him this season and used it as bait I guess.

Alan Smith isn't pretending he's bothered about anything except his money though. He's made no secret of the fact he won't move unless he gets a comparable pay package. Nolan is whining about his treatment here while signing a 5 year mega deal at West Ham.

Id guess its possible to use a players potential bias towards staying with your club, to offer a lesser amount than what another is offering but come closer to it than what theyre currently on.

Not to say we should have done that with Nolan, or that hed have taken it.

But people said the same when Carroll left. Theres no reason to believe you need to match the contract. Wham had to offer a silly amount to get attention due to their current status.

Alan Smith isn't pretending he's bothered about anything except his money though. He's made no secret of the fact he won't move unless he gets a comparable pay package. Nolan is whining about his treatment here while signing a 5 year mega deal at West Ham.

Nolan accepted a deal here.

Let's not forget either that Nolan was talking about staying here for life but when Carroll needed advice on whether he should talk to Liverpool Nolan begged him to go for it, for the money, the glory and fuck the local hero status.

Just going to bring up an earlier point, he had 2 years left on his contract. Shouldn't have even looked at renewing at this stage anyway!

But really, I'm not surprised by Nolan's comments.

It's true that all clubs make mistakes and there are some very dodgy people in football. It's also true that other clubs have been mismanaged. But you won't find many who have caused so much upheaval, angered their own fans, players and managers and embarrassed their club on such a scale, in such a short space of time, as Mike Ashley.

You talk to fans of clubs up and down the country and we're a laughing stock because of what's gone on. Relegated with record attendances, a popular manager sacked, another dragged the club through the courts for buying players he didn't want based on youtube footage, we went a season with 5 different managers, including the retired and the totally inexperienced. A stadium wth a proud and long history turned into an email address as a blatant fuckoff to the fans. Mass fan protests, several current players and the former club captain slamming the club for the way it's run. I could go on. And all this in, what, 4 years? The man didn't even conduct proper due dilligence in buying the club.

There are worse people than Mike Ashley in the world, but let's not pretend this is a normal way to run a football club.

I just spent a good 10 mins looking for a link to the article containing the quote which makes for the thread title. Mods, we need a more efficient system if you're gonna simple change titles of threads because it relates to one player. For people who don't frequent the forum every day it's annoying to keep going back looking for topics that kickstart a conversation.

Anyone got a link?

It's true that all clubs make mistakes and there are some very dodgy people in football. It's also true that other clubs have been mismanaged. But you won't find many who have caused so much upheaval, angered their own fans, players and managers and embarrassed their club on such a scale, in such a short space of time, as Mike Ashley.

You talk to fans of clubs up and down the country and we're a laughing stock because of what's gone on. Relegated with record attendances, a popular manager sacked, another dragged the club through the courts for buying players he didn't want based on youtube footage, we went a season with 5 different managers, including the retired and the totally inexperienced. A stadium wth a proud and long history turned into an email address as a blatant fuckoff to the fans. Mass fan protests, several current players and the former club captain slamming the club for the way it's run. I could go on. And all this in, what, 4 years? The man didn't even conduct proper due dilligence in buying the club.

There are worse people than Mike Ashley in the world, but let's not pretend this is a normal way to run a football club.

You look around at some of the things that happen in football and you wonder what is a normal way to run a football club. Some of the decisions owners/boards make are baffling to put it mildly and the way they implement them even more so. However it's hard to disagree with your point that Ashley's regime has created more havoc than most. I think he could put quite a lot right by simply replacing Llambias with someone who knows what they are doing.

I just spent a good 10 mins looking for a link to the article containing the quote which makes for the thread title. Mods, we need a more efficient system if you're gonna simple change titles of threads because it relates to one player. For people who don't frequent the forum every day it's annoying to keep going back looking for topics that kickstart a conversation.

Anyone got a link?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,71438.msg3100693.html#msg3100693

Took about 30 seconds to find it, this thread had been dormant for a month before it was posted.

Replacing Llambias solves nothing. You get either another puppet or else someone who can't work with Ashley. MA watches most games and it is really up to him what standard of football he and the rest of us are going to watch. Hard not to get the opinion that we are at the blleeding edge of getting some financial sanity back into football whilst tackling player/agent power at the same time. Not sure it's a fight one club can win on its own and not sure I trust MA to lead that fight.

You look around at some of the things that happen in football and you wonder what is a normal way to run a football club. Some of the decisions owners/boards make are baffling to put it mildly and the way they implement them even more so. However it's hard to disagree with your point that Ashley's regime has created more havoc than most. I think he could put quite a lot right by simply replacing Llambias with someone who knows what they are doing.

I think Llambias is doing exactly the job Mike Ashley wants him to. Ashley has had ample opportunity to bring in a chairman who has a better football pedigree but Dekka's still here. I don't really know what to make of the transfer dealings so far. We've made some good progress in some areas but we clearly still need reinforcements in others. If we don't get a striker and a left back in while letting Enrique go, then it would seem obvious that Ashley wants to spend only enough to keep the club going without sinking any more cash in.

As a fan I could quite understand if people vote with their feet and don't renew their season tickets. Ashley's running a business at the end of the day and he either gives the customers value for money or he loses them.

Nolan departed on the back of WHU offering him a stupid long term contract on enhanced wages. (I think they'll regret it in the latter years) Does anyone think NUFC should have matched what WHU offered?

Good luck to him if he's got himself the contract NUFC would neer have given him. He really should though shut the fuck up though. Destrying morale at SJP shouldn't be on the agenda.

Guest Wally_McFool

. Destrying morale at SJP shouldn't be on the agenda.

Tell that to fat cunt and speccy obnoxious twat!

I think Llambias is doing exactly the job Mike Ashley wants him to. Ashley has had ample opportunity to bring in a chairman who has a better football pedigree but Dekka's still here. I don't really know what to make of the transfer dealings so far. We've made some good progress in some areas but we clearly still need reinforcements in others. If we don't get a striker and a left back in while letting Enrique go, then it would seem obvious that Ashley wants to spend only enough to keep the club going without sinking any more cash in.

As a fan I could quite understand if people vote with their feet and don't renew their season tickets. Ashley's running a business at the end of the day and he either gives the customers value for money or he loses them.

Thing is, we got relegated and bounced back immediately, we had a great first season in the Premier League and now we've signed some players who I'm very excited about seeing.

Fair enough we could have spent more in the summer, and a player and ex-player are whinging in the media about trust and morale, but I don't think there's anything there to make the average fan stop going to games.

As long as we perform well enough on the pitch, I imagine our crowds will be absolutely fine.

Pretty f***ing stupid to offer him, discuss at length and shake on a new deal in the first place then.

Cynics would say it got the best out of him this season and used it as bait I guess.

or that it had nothing to do with his form at all, and that his form was just down to him having the quality, commitment and a little bit of luck

Replacing Llambias solves nothing. You get either another puppet or else someone who can't work with Ashley. MA watches most games and it is really up to him what standard of football he and the rest of us are going to watch. Hard not to get the opinion that we are at the blleeding edge of getting some financial sanity back into football whilst tackling player/agent power at the same time. Not sure it's a fight one club can win on its own and not sure I trust MA to lead that fight.

MA does watch the matches but it is Llambias who handles the day to day running of the club. As such he is the one charged with implementing the financial policy and also fronting dealings with players and agents. I'm sure the job can be done without pissing everyone off and, without doubt, he is a massive failure.

MA does watch the matches but it is Llambias who handles the day to day running of the club. As such he is the one charged with implementing the financial policy and also fronting dealings with players and agents. I'm sure the job can be done without pissing everyone off and, without doubt, he is a massive failure.

Things were much better when Mort was in charge imo.

Unless the club were actually looking to sell him, accepted an offer, and allowed him to talk to West Ham it doesn't even get to the stage where he's discussing terms with another club, so I don't know where this idea we somehow had to offer him what West Ham did has come from. Same as with Carroll, the first move is from the club, not with the player being overly greedy.

Unless the club were actually looking to sell him, accepted an offer, and allowed him to talk to West Ham it doesn't even get to the stage where he's discussing terms with another club, so I don't know where this idea we somehow had to offer him what West Ham did has come from. Same as with Carroll, the first move is from the club, not with the player being overly greedy.

Not saying you're wrong, but do you think it's really as simple as that? In theory it should be, but I wonder to what extent players become aware of other interest through their agents etc.

Anyway, I'm sure a key reason for the sale was that to get £4m for Nolan when he is only going to decline in the next few seasons was considered a good deal. Maybe that and the "style of football" change that the new signings are supposed to be bringing.