Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

The phrase "and that was a goal right from the training ground" is overused... I'd say the first goal was "a goal right from the back garden".

I have this vision of Nolan's lass chucking footballs off the roof for Carroll to flick on and Nolan to hit into a mini-soccer goal by the shed.

I actually thought he was more actively involved in the game than usual today.

Probably because he was at CM though.

Did fine today. Better opposition won't leave him time on the ball like today. He's a threat against particular teams....Villa aside i spose

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Did well- Played quite deep at times, kept  the ball well and was a good calming influence- Not to mentiton being in the right place to get the goal

I thought Tiote was an excellent partner for him today. Nolan moved the ball well and picked some decent positions to receive it. Tiote more than made up for his lack of pace and energy.

If we added a top right back, Barton on the right with those two in the middle could be ok. Barton can tuck in when needed, delivers the ball well and a decent right back could bomb on past him.

Tiote allows Nolan to play CM and just get in behind the front two because Tiote literally does the work of two men. It wouldn't work otherwise. See the Nolan and Butt partnership which got us relegated. As long as Tiote is fit it is probably our best option. Playing Nolan as a second striker alongside Carroll just doesn't quite offer enough pace and mobility upfront.

Tiote allows Nolan to play CM and just get in behind the front two because Tiote literally does the work of two men. It wouldn't work otherwise. See the Nolan and Butt partnership which got us relegated. As long as Tiote is fit it is probably our best option. Playing Nolan as a second striker alongside Carroll just doesn't quite offer enough pace and mobility upfront.

Agree with that mostly. I'm far happier to see Nolan in CM. His lack of mobility is a problem but he put in a good shift yesterday and at least Carroll looked less isolated than when Nolan plays up front.

Better player when he was Tiote alongside him to do his running.

Understatement. I remember one particular moment when Nolan just stood on the spot and kept passing to Tiote who was busting a gut and running around him :lol: