Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

But for all Ameobi’s effortless effervescence, we have to turn to the 44th minute and one of the canniest interventions of Kevin Nolan’s Newcastle career for the game-changing moment.

One up but in danger of being plonked on the back foot for the first time in a hitherto one-sided contest, Wolves winger Adam Hammill suddenly sprung Toon’s high line to give himself a clear run on Steve Harper’s goal.

The hosts looked exposed and St James’ Park drew breath as Nolan scrambled to cover, only to exhale as the Newcastle skipper stuck out his right boot to brutally check Wolves’ forward momentum.

Cynical? Perhaps. But when you’re fighting for your lives, sometimes it pays to fight a little bit dirty.

After Wolves surrendered possession from the re-start, Ameobi’s bullet header meant the shaken visitors were two down and effectively out of it.

In a nutshell, it was why Newcastle United – so feckless when they slid into the Championship back in 2009 – will prove too street smart to get sucked into a survival scrap this time around.

That's what's been keeping me going in this 'relegation battle'... we're a million miles away from the side that went down last time. So much more about us now, the contrast couldn't be more stark.

Yea it could, by quite a bit.

"I love this club and I love putting on the shirt. I'd have to be actually dying to stop me from pulling that shirt on"  :clap:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110402/kev-feeling-better-after-win_2281670_2329790?

Had him in my Premiership Fantasy dream team from the start of the season and yes he has alot of off days but his goals have been priceless on a few occasions,He is the first too admit he could be on his arse out of the first team if a better player came along (not Difficult tbh) and i admire him for his honesty .

"I love this club and I love putting on the shirt. I'd have to be actually dying to stop me from pulling that shirt on"  :clap:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110402/kev-feeling-better-after-win_2281670_2329790?

Had him in my Premiership Fantasy dream team from the start of the season and yes he has alot of off days but his goals have been priceless on a few occasions,He is the first too admit he could be on his arse out of the first team if a better player came along (not Difficult tbh) and i admire him for his honesty .

He's a captain with a big C. But I honestly believe that he's capable of holding down a place in the first team. His weakness is lack of mobility. But that he could fix by dropping some pounds. His runs, the way he's positioning himself inside the box and his football intelligence are second to none. Imagine how good he could be with some stamina. Then he will be much more difficult to mark and he knows how to put himself in good scoring positions..

I wish there was online access to the prozone stats as I reckon Nolan covers just as much ground as many other centre mids.

doesn't matter. it's one of those things you're not allowed to say. nolans fat and slow, simpson backs off all the time, steve taylor is honestly shit and it's nothing to do with people disliking him personally, we defend with a very high line....just stick with the orthodoxy and you'll be ok.

I wish there was online access to the prozone stats as I reckon Nolan covers just as much ground as many other centre mids.

doesn't matter. it's one of those things you're not allowed to say. nolans fat and slow, simpson backs off all the time, steve taylor is honestly shit and it's nothing to do with people disliking him personally, we defend with a very high line....just stick with the orthodoxy and you'll be ok.

It's not the case at all. Nolan does cover plenty of ground he just can't cover it as quickly as a lot of other midfielders. But then he can do a lot of things well that other midfielders can't. It just then becomes a trade off which qualities as a team you need.

The mackems laugh at him and call him so many names, yet he's the sort of personality and midfielder that their team is literally crying out for.

And he's put 4 past them this season and all that :D

The mackems laugh at him and call him so many names, yet he's the sort of personality and midfielder that their team is literally crying out for.

I honestly think one of the most amusing things in football is the mackems hate of Nolan's chicken dance. ;D

Nolan has scored more against SAFC this season than Jordan Henderson has scored for SAFC in his career.

Guest Heneage

Nolan has scored more against SAFC this season than Jordan Henderson has scored for SAFC in his career.

He's scored more than their entire midfield all season.

More league goals than Defoe, Crouch & Pavyluchenko put together.

More league goals than Defoe, Crouch & Pavyluchenko put together.

Can you imagine those 3 put together.  Whata  hideous composite that would be, stuff of nightmares