Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I think regarding Gosling he was a classic commercial buy. Bought for nowt to make a tidy profit on. It's very difficult to think he was bought to play in the XI. Who's place is he going to take?

as a goal scoring midfielder who isn't a fat bastard I think this thread is a fair indication.

Guest malandro

Is he actually "fat"? I can't really understand how he could be fat in all honesty

No. I reckon he’s faster over ten yards than Barton, who makes Liam O’Brien look like Hussain Boult. Whether he should be a first team regular this season is a different matter.

Good to hear Nicolas Anelka's opinion about how a young player should best go about settling at a club.

I'm surprised Anelka even talks to Nolan any more. I'd have imagined it would be more like:

"Hey Nic, it's Kev here"

"Who is this?"

"Kev...Kevin Nolan"

"...No?"

"We used to play together at Bolton?"

"I don't think so"

"The fat guy who could barely run?"

"Oh yeah *hangs up*"

Apparently the reason why Nolan's fat is because he's moved here...

“This club is one of them where a lot of people come and fold under the (pressure). It is tough to go out every week and try to play well in front of 52,000, but I love it because I know how much they would love to be doing what you are doing.”

“That is what I did (after relegation). I tried to give myself the best chance of making sure I would do my best for Newcastle United, and I wanted to become one of those players who, when I return to the club ten years down the line, they actually say “Oh hello Kevin” rather than chasing me out of the city.”

“I had a very good career at Bolton and I enjoyed it. It was sad leaving but I was thinking ‘I’ve got to go somewhere else now” but it probably was the making of me.”   “It gave me that hunger and desire. Across the whole spectrum, I think it was to prove to people that I am a good player. Not just the fact that I was at Bolton, come through the ranks and they had stuck with me.”

“I have come here and hopefully up to now, I have proved my worth, but I am not finished yet. I want to keep doing well, moving forward.”  “This is probably the best opportunity I could have asked for if I was to move from Bolton and not gone to a top-four club. This is one club I always thought would be absolutely amazing to play for.”

:lol:

http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/09/18/nolan-newcastle-is-best-opportunity-i-could-have-hoped-for/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nufcblog+%28The+Newcastle+United+Blog%29

Tbh he will always be a scapegoat with Smith too when we lose a match or play poorly in games we should win so genine competition for places and formations will help but playing him week after week is not the answer and we know it.

To be fair, his goals were vital last year. I can put up with him as long as he keeps popping up with goals. :) his all round game is s***, granted, but goals win games.

In his current state of fitness, he is highly unlikely to score anywhere NEAR the number of goals in the PL that he did in the CCC.