Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

:lol: virtual hip replacement 6 years ago, its a wonder he can get up the stairs without a stairlift never mind still get out on a footy field

Yeah but he earns money playing football!!  We've got to hate him!!

Forget the whole potential ruining of his body and the guaranteed arthritis...

He's hardly Nile Ranger, deserves every penny we've paid him imo. Might never have been up to scratch to have as our first-choice goalscorer and might be struggling for mobility, but he has never shied away despite getting a lot of stick throughout his career. He has scored vital goals and been involved of a lot of key goals in our recent history. I hope he finishes his career here and gets a Testimonial, I'll look back with fond memories!

It wasn't so long ago people were praising Shola the supersub, it's not his fault that due to lack of options we've had to rely on him to lead the line. He's always been a fourth choice striker, a different option to bring on towards the end of a game, he still has his uses. He's shot with the injuries he's played through and will never be any use playing a 90 minute match.

Can't fault the guy for always being there when needed, yeah he's frustrating, he'll never be a world beater, never lived up to his early potential, never be a legend, but he will always be fondly remembered and will always be the mackem destroyer!!

• 3 weeks later...

He's been better but is still way off the pace of our other attacking players, in terms of ability and wavelength, basically I don't think he's done enough on an individual level to keep his place. It's a shame, he's probably the most likeable character in the squad, but HBA is 10 levels up as a player and Gouffran brings qualities that we don't have in any other player in the entire squad.

He's been better but is still way off the pace of our other attacking players, in terms of ability and wavelength, basically I don't think he's done enough on an individual level to keep his place. It's a shame, he's probably the most likeable character in the squad, but HBA is 10 levels up as a player and Gouffran brings qualities that we don't have in any other player in the entire squad.

I think he will drop him once HBA ready, no reason not to really. Gouffran works hard enough and don't think Debuchy needs Jonas in front of him

Gouffran and HBA work just as hard as Gutierrez IMO, they just play a little higher up the pitch so it's less noticeable. We won't miss his work rate at all with those 2 playing, they're diligent in their defensive work, but more importantly, they have the ability to keep the ball very well. We should be looking to 'win the passing' in the majority of games, when everyone's back fit.

Despite the amazing attacking talent we're potentially going to have when HBA is fit, really get the feeling only when he's not in the side will we really notice what he brings. Think he does a thankless task sometimes with the amount of work he does on the back-foot, but agree from an attacking sense he's nowhere near the player he was a couple of seasons back.

Strangely I think he has played a bit better over the last few games.  Prepared for no-one to agree with me on this one though.

Agree, probably a combination of playing on the right and competition to his place. Having said that as soon as HBA is ready he should be benched sharpish.