Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Thought he was decent tbh. Put a shift in and was tidy enough on the ball.

Aye he was fine and made a good contribution to us winning the midfield battle in the second half. No edge to his game, obviously. Him for Obertan would've been the only switch I'd have considered at any point, really.

Thought he was decent tbh. Put a shift in and was tidy enough on the ball.

Offered next to nothing in an attacking sense, but you can go back to the game after his debut for evidence of the same. He's just not a goal threat. Apart from when we play Wolves.

But unfortunately we got beat so it must be this lad's fault despite him playing no role in the goal and all 4 of our defenders and GK contributing to it in a negative manner. And as Yorkie said he was in the midfield that dominated the second half for large periods.

He didn't do anything wrong today I agree and he works his bollocks off for the side but the lack of a threat down the right 2nd half from an advanced position was as clear as the day despite Debuchy's forays. The sooner HBA is up to speed and on that side the better..it should really change the dynamics of the side again for the better.

Guest neesy111

He played OK today but he is playing on the right side of midfield and I saw no attack that came from him that side, it was all Debuchy.

Guest neesy111

I think Santon's defending has went to pieces since Jonas has stopped playing LW tbh.  Maybe he's still needed in the 1st 11? :undecided:

He didn't do anything wrong today I agree and he works his bollocks off for the side but the lack of a threat down the right 2nd half from an advanced position was as clear as the day despite Debuchy's forays. The sooner HBA is up to speed and on that side the better..it should really change the dynamics of the side again for the better.

Our best chance today came after an attack down the right hand side albeit Jonas wasn't really involved.

I agree we'll be a lot more dangerous going forward with Ben Arfa back though.

Looked today as though himself and Sissoko switched a fair bit in the second half as Jonas popped up a few times down the left/middle.

I think Santon's defending has went to pieces since Jonas has stopped playing LW tbh.  Maybe he's still needed in the 1st 11? :undecided:

Not when Gouffran works more than hard enough tracking back and offers much more attacking threat as well.....

We shouldn't be putting players in the team to cover for other players.

Also i don't think Jonas not covering him as anything to do with it, he's just going through poor form defensively.

i think he has a specific role in the side which involves covering an overlapping fullback (currently on the right) and carrying the ball to our more attacking players.  whether he does this brilliantly or not is hardly the point, he is in there to do this job, without it we would need to change debuchy's mindset for a start - right now he has full license to play up the pitch and we benefit from that.  you cant ask ben arfa to do this, what would be  the point?

surely, anyone expecting this guy to make way for any attacking player will surely be disappointed?

we're playing 4 3 2 1 as much as any other formation, no way jonas is part of an advanced 3 in a 4231.  i'd like to see anita tried in this role, but whatever happens does anyone really expect us to play the current eleven with jonas taken out for HBA?

Guest bimpy474

Well we all love him and he does love the club of that i'm sure, but like a cat that's been mown down by a tractor, while it still clings to life and you want to save it. You can't, take out your killing tool and put it out of it's misery.

That i'm afraid it what needs to happen to old Jonas, he is now a below par Championship level, average plodder.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew doesn't dare withdraw his workrate from the side. Actual fact.

True but Pardew needs to see that a top 6 side needs workrate and quality, i'm afraid old yella has only one.

As much as i hate to say this about one of my own players, sometimes i wish he'd get a little thigh strain or calf pull.

Ashamed to say that but there you go.

Guest icemanblue

Pardew doesn't dare withdraw his workrate from the side. Actual fact.

He will once Hatem's back. Guarantee it.

Did well today, for me. Right decision to leave him on when we were throwing everyone forward as well. It's not conventional, but its working for now.

If we had a capable cover for Hatem he wouldn't be starting fact is this is our wide options.

Gouffran(Obertan) Ben Arfa(Jonas) you could argue about Marveaux but its painfully obvious Pardew doesn't see him as anything other than a AM.

Once Ben Arfa comes back and we have better depth i highly doubt Jonas will be starting much.

I might be extremely naive but i truly believe the reason he plays is because we have little other choice, you have to realise that our striker and winger options are f*cking dire.

If we had a capable cover for Hatem he wouldn't be starting fact is this is our wide options.

Gouffran(Obertan) Ben Arfa(Jonas) you could argue about Marveaux but its painfully obvious Pardew doesn't see him as anything other than a AM.

Once Ben Arfa comes back and we have better depth i highly doubt Jonas will be starting much.

I might be extremely naive but i truly believe the reason he plays is because we have little other choice, you have to realise that our striker and winger options are f*cking dire.

I think you're right, we don't have many other options in wide positions.