Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

You have to assume its been lost in translation, but this bit doesn't make sense to me:

"The player had to leave the club and came to Norwich , where he had continuity."

Doesn't sound like he was sent on compassionate leave. 

I'm guessing he was told to go home as a form of compassionate leave, not told to p*ss off.

I hope you're right and that it's this.

I'm skeptical, manly because he flew all the way back here.  Surely compassionate leave could have been arranged on the phone, rather than making him fly halfway around the world and back?

He might've turned up wanting to train as normal and we've had to tell him to stop being daft and get himself well. I refuse to believe we're that awful. 

I hope this doesn't get used as a stick to beat the club with before the comments have been clarified.

You have to assume its been lost in translation, but this bit doesn't make sense to me:

"The player had to leave the club and came to Norwich , where he had continuity."

Think that's just talking about his transfer tbh.

The oddest thing about the article is that he seemingly paid for the treatment himself.

I'm guessing he was told to go home as a form of compassionate leave, not told to p*ss off.

I'm skeptical, manly because he flew all the way back here.  Surely compassionate leave could have been arranged on the phone, rather than making him fly halfway around the world and back?

He might've turned up wanting to train as normal and we've had to tell him to stop being daft and get himself well. I refuse to believe we're that awful. 

I hope this doesn't get used as a stick to beat the club with before the comments have been clarified.

:thup:

But....I mean...if that's what it is, why would you even let him to go Norwich? What the fuck is going on.

Pardew picked him for our 25 man squad only a few weeks ago. What the fuck is that about?

Didn't he have to be though? As have in, you've got no good reason to leave him out so he has to be registered if there's space? Or have I imagined that? ???

The oddest thing about the article is that he seemingly paid for the treatment himself.

:thup:

Really hope so.

Pardew picked him for our 25 man squad only a few weeks ago. What the f*** is that about?

Didn't he have to be though? As have in, you've got no good reason to leave him out so he has to be registered if there's space? Or have I imagined that? ???

Had a good reason...

Pardew picked him for our 25 man squad only a few weeks ago. What the fuck is that about?

Didn't he have to be though? As have in, you've got ne good reason to leave him out so he has to be registered if there's space? Or have I imagined that? ???

Nah, that's right. You can't leave any player out if you have space.

Hoping it's something like..

He didn't want a fuss so paid for the treatment himself and kept quiet

Came back, as expected, but then had to fess up

Club granted him compassionate leave

This is from the Chronicle just last week:

Jonas Gutierrez is intending to head back to Tyneside for showdown talks with Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew.

The Chronicle understands that the 31-year-old winger wants a sit down with club officials to discuss the final 10 months of his contract.

The fact that Gutierrez is costing Newcastle around £40,000-per-week to train alone in his home country will also not be lost on Toon owner Mike Ashley.

Pardew sanctioned the decision to let Gutierrez train in Argentina and search for a club this summer but the former Real Mallorca man has been unable to land a deal anywhere in world football despite moves by his representatives to find him a new club.

“The manager told me in December I was not going to play any more and told me to find myself another club.

“I don’t know why it happened and I still don’t understand what I did wrong.

“There were no rows with Alan Pardew or anything like that. He just said I needed to leave and that was that.

“I honestly don’t know why I wasn’t playing, you will have to ask the manager that. He just made his decision and that was it.

“Something must have happened – but I don’t know what.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonas-gutierrez-jet-back-showdown-7750594

:whatdidido:

Yeah, that doesn't seem like something that should happen.

Pardew picked him for our 25 man squad only a few weeks ago. What the f*** is that about?

Had a good reason...

He's still registered as a player though. And then there's no comeback from player and agent if he's fit to play and has been refused the right to work.

Had a good reason...

Well yeah, I know, I'm just trying to join the dots tbh mate. 

Hoping it's something like..

He didn't want a fuss so paid for the treatment himself and kept quiet

Came back, as expected, but then had to fess up

Club granted him compassionate leave

I think the worst in everything to do with NUFC but I'd imagine this was the case :thup:

As long as he's on the mend though, that's the main thing.

Love Jonas.