Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

You would think his legal dudes would have examined his contract and believe he has a case. Would love to know the details.

That might not be quite as sound an assumption as you'd imagine. Could well be a case of injured pride leading a lamb to the slaughter.

Possible aye, but it's a pretty big deal to sue someone.

But suing for £2m? Didn't strike me as being that big a sum for someone who'd been earning £50k a week. Is he after an extra year's wages or something?

You would think his legal dudes would have examined his contract and believe he has a case. Would love to know the details.

He's not suing them for breach of contract though, it's disability discrimination so they could well have adhered to the contract. Reading between the lines, always dangerous, it's the fact they binned him almost as soon as he had the op. As in, "we've kept it quiet, quick, find yourself another club before it returns and/or you die mate. Cheers bro."

We're run by despicable people. Remember Derek 'you guys don't know how fucking horrible we can be' Llambias?

That might not be quite as sound an assumption as you'd imagine. Could well be a case of injured pride leading a lamb to the slaughter.

And frankly there are lawyers out there who'll argue any case as long as they're getting paid.

I personally don't see why the club should pay for his medical bills, for a non football related injury. I wouldn't expect my boss to pay for my medical bills in any situation that didn't involve a work related injury, that was in some way his fault.

I personally don't see why the club should pay for his medical bills, for a non football related injury. I wouldn't expect my boss to pay for my medical bills in any situation that didn't involve a work related injury, that was in some way his fault.

Considering the club's doctor didn't detect the cancer initially, maybe he has a case.

Guest antz1uk

Surely a footballer has health insurance (arranged by the club) in their contract? Most decent jobs these days come with private medical cover

“It’s the kind of event you would expect to be happening in London, but we’re bringing the glitz and glamour to Newcastle.”’

Steven Taylor

Newcastle United Player, Newcastle United FC

• 3 months later...

Jonas Gutierrez ‏@elgalgojonas  4m4 minutes ago

Believe geordies you r going to escape relegation. With that type of fans you r not going to go down. Be possitive and look fordward.

:aww: