Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

On this day… In 2008, NUFC sealed the purchase of one Jonas Gutierrez for an undisclosed and confusing fee from Real Mallorca #nufc

4 years of our always grafting, sometimes frustrating but ultimately loveable greyhound  :love:

Guest bimpy474

He's let himself go over the break.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/29/article-0-13D956C0000005DC-21_468x784.jpg

Probably going to look a tit here. But what film is that f***er off?

Edit: Remember I saw him on that Christmas Harold and Kumar. Funny.

Played the Barman in Ron Burgundy.

• 1 month later...

Agreed but i don't see why he "has to play" sure if we are going to hoof it and play 4-4-2 then yeah but if we are going to be more on the front foot, more possession based and 4-3-3 i don't think he's irreplaceable.

Don't get me wrong i love Jonas, i think he's terribly underrated by neutrals but we have so many options now and i don't consider him an "untouchable" like i would Colo, Krul, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse.

If it's a big game they play, simple as i don't feel the same way with Jonas.

Guest bimpy474

Agreed but i don't see why he "has to play" sure if we are going to hoof it and play 4-4-2 then yeah but if we are going to be more on the front foot, more possession based and 4-3-3 i don't think he's irreplaceable.

Don't get me wrong i love Jonas, i think he's terribly underrated by neutrals but we have so many options now and i don't consider him an "untouchable" like i would Colo, Krul, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse.

I think his workrate is so important, that and he can fill any position near enough when needed, like a formation change, injury or whatever comes up.

That and he's a decent footballer too.

He was a key player in our win today. We were overrun in the middle first half with Jonas out wide, but he had a big impact in the second after he switched to centre mid. I consider him one of our key players, his workrate and ball retention is just class and I think these days he is more effective in the middle.

I think his workrate is so important, that and he can fill any position near enough when needed, like a formation change, injury or whatever comes up.

Agree in a sense but's not like we would have a problem with workrate with Anita, Cabaye and Tiote in the middle.

He was a key player in our win today. We were overrun in the middle first half with Jonas out wide, but he had a big impact in the second after he switched to centre mid. I consider him one of our key players, his workrate and ball retention is just class and I think these days he is more effective in the middle.

I don't think his ball retention is, to be honest. he's a good outlet to release pressure, sure, but he often loses it at the end of those bursts, and he's not the best for steady build-up or possession football. He only seems to have one mode of movement and that's running like a whippet. If Anita comes in and with his intelligence and subtlety lets us keep the ball 5% of the time more then we won't necessarily need Jonas's off the ball running as much because we won't be chasing the opposition for that extra 10%.

An absolutely key player for the squad, but not irreplaceable in the first XI.

Guest bimpy474

Agree in a sense but's not like we would have a problem with workrate with Anita, Cabaye and Tiote in the middle.

Call it my spidey senses but you aren't a massive fan are you (i know you think he's ok to a point)