Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Just seen this. Terrible news. :(

Hope he recovers fully. Not a good player for his last few years here but I always liked him as a bloke. Seems like a great guy.

Btw regarding the club's part in this, Adam Campbell has just tweeted to say he's just heard about it too. So perhaps it just wasn't common knowledge through choice.

Pardew picked him for our 25 man squad only a few weeks ago. What the f*** is that about?

Just box ticking really.

Mm, could've been to make things seem outwardly continuing as normal, could've been to avoid any flak about his "disappearance" as it seemed at the time and cause any unnecessary bother, could've been to make him feel still part of the club while continuing his recovery, could've just been to make up numbers, there's a number of things you could read into it. None of which are as important in the grand scheme as his health, of course. Nothing else matters.

Campbell has just tweeted about hearing about the news, it's disgusting that our players weren't made aware.

Maybe Jonas didn't want people to know about it? Colo would know and would have told the rest of the players the news if Jonas wanted.

Pardew picked him for our 25 man squad only a few weeks ago. What the f*** is that about?

Didn't he have to be though? As have in, you've got no good reason to leave him out so he has to be registered if there's space? Or have I imagined that? ???

Had a good reason...

He's still registered as a player though. And then there's no comeback from player and agent if he's fit to play and has been refused the right to work.

Could he not go on holiday for 2 days to get around it? That worked for me on FM.

Didn't he have to be though? As have in, you've got no good reason to leave him out so he has to be registered if there's space? Or have I imagined that? ???

Had a good reason...

He's still registered as a player though. And then there's no comeback from player and agent if he's fit to play and has been refused the right to work.

Could he not go on holiday for 2 days to get around it? That worked for me on FM.

Pardew is looking into something similar for the weekend.

The club cannot come out of this well.

- He was told in October 2013 he had a tumour and had his testicle removed.

- After returning following treatment in Argentina, he was told it was best to find another club.

- While at Norwich, he experienced some kidney pain.

- He has then had chemotherapy.

- Seems to be on the mend now.

http://www.goal.com/es-cl/news/4778/main/2014/09/16/5110011/jon%C3%A1s-guti%C3%A9rrez-y-su-lucha-contra-el-c%C3%A1ncer

I know it's early days and some of the translations are poor, but it appears he had treatment for testicular cancer, returned and then was told to go on loan. They had to stick by him when he came back and don't appear to have.

- After returning following treatment in Argentina, he was told it was best to find another club.

http://www.goal.com/es-cl/news/4778/main/2014/09/16/5110011/jon%C3%A1s-guti%C3%A9rrez-y-su-lucha-contra-el-c%C3%A1ncer

I know it's early days and some of the translations are poor, but it appears he had treatment for testicular cancer, returned and then was told to go on loan. They had to stick by him when he came back and don't appear to have.

:undecided: :(

Campbell has just tweeted about hearing about the news, it's disgusting that our players weren't made aware.

Maybe Jonas didn't want people to know about it? Colo would know and would have told the rest of the players the news if Jonas wanted.

You'd tell your teammates though, surely?

I'm not too knowledgable on these things.. why would he have chemo months afterwards? I thought you had chemo during the testicle removal phase, so Oct-Jan time?

Looks like it might have spread to his lymph nodes.  :(

"In Norwich, Jonah played some games until the calf was injured and when he would play again discovered a pain in his kidneys,in which he discovered nodes. There he returned to Argentina and chemotherapy began performing. "Luckily this game is ending," he said, adding: "This is the most difficult match of my life but as everything has an end I decided to tell my story because maybe works for other people who have cancer."."

Translation isn't the best, but my friend recently had testicular cancer.  It was removed, but they found it spread to his lymph nodes and he had to have chemo.

I'm not too knowledgable on these things.. why would he have chemo months afterwards? I thought you had chemo during the testicle removal phase, so Oct-Jan time?

That's my understanding too. Chemo is usually used to make the tumour smaller or slow growth.

You'd tell your teammates though, surely?

Who knows... There must be a reason why they dont know. If Jonas wanted them to know, they would have known.

Dunno if it's been posted.

@elgalgojonas  28m

Gracias por todos los mensajes de apoyo. Mirando siempre para adelante. Thanks for all the messages. Always looking fordward.

"Thanks for all the messages of support . Always looking ahead . Thanks for all the messages. Always looking forward "

:undecided: :(

Yeah, just read the article and I can confirm that sequence of events GeordieT posted is what transpires from the article. Mean cold stuff, this.

Yeah, just read the article and I can confirm that sequence of events GeordieT posted is what transpires from the article. Mean cold stuff, this.

Can you translate this bit please:  En Norwich, Jonás jugó algunos partidos hasta que se lesionó el gemelo y cuando iba a volver a jugar descubrió un dolor en sus riñones, en los que le descubrieron ganglios.