Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Sorry but given the quality of some of the strikers we've had in the team since 2008, Jonas' amount of assists is absolutely pitiful.

:lol: We're going to bump heads a bit, aren't we? Given the quality of the strikers, they should have scored, so his assist total should have been bountiful. Stupid strikers.

Sorry but given the quality of some of the strikers we've had in the team since 2008, Jonas' amount of assists is absolutely pitiful.

:lol: We're going to bump heads a bit, aren't we? Given the quality of the strikers, they should have scored, so his assist total should have been bountiful. Stupid strikers.

Not really. It was his job to make things happen and he didn't. Mainly because his crossing, passing and general striking of a ball resembled that of Amdy Faye in Timberland boots. Like Gouffran, he ended up at Newcastle United because he cost peanuts and stayed in the side because he grafted and was respectful of management while never performing as an attacking player should.

Not really. It was his job to make things happen and he didn't. Mainly because his crossing, passing and general striking of a ball resembled that of Amdy Faye in Timberland boots. Like Gouffran, he ended up at Newcastle United because he cost peanuts and stayed in the side because he grafted and was respectful of management while never performing as an attacking player should.

OK. We'll agree to disagree, then. :)

Spot on.

He's a lovely bloke and I wish him all the best but apart from running the clock down what is he actually good at?

Guest firetotheworks

Under Keegan for those few games he looked good. I liked him in a three with Tiote and Cabaye in the 5th season as well and he and Jose worked really nicely together as a pair. He genuinely did graft his bollocks off as well, which does go a long way when it was was actually effective and not how it became and how it already is with Gouffran - running around and doing fuck all.

I like Jonas, completely shit going forward and probably the worst crosser of a ball I've ever seen from an NUFC 'winger', but it's hard to dislike him, it's not really his fault, he is what he is and as much as I dislike him as a player now, there was a time when I really valued him.

I love the bloke to bits as man but it's disgustingly sycophantic from the club to try and curry favour with the supporters by re-introducing him into the squad considering we were trying to give him away less than a year ago.  He's blatantly being used to bury bad news and it doesn't sit comfortably with me.

I love the bloke to bits as man but it's disgustingly sycophantic from the club to try and curry favour with the supporters by re-introducing him into the squad considering we were trying to give him away less than a year ago.  He's blatantly being used to bury bad news and it doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Yep.