Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Dropped for his tweets then?

If the appearance contract extension is true I imagine it will play a part but yes I'd think that him standing up to the hierarchy has seen his days numbered, happened to HBA and to an extent Santon. They only want yes men and then wonder why we have no heart or commitment on the pitch.

I think his tweets were because he already knew he was dropped to be honest.

He's not the player we signed in 2008 but he's got more nous than some of the kids on the bench and also has that experience thing that Carver keeps banging on about.

On recent form he deserves to start in central midfield versus the alternatives.

Guest neesy111

I think his tweets were because he already knew he was dropped to be honest.

He's not the player we signed in 2008 but he's got more nous than some of the kids on the bench and also has that experience thing that Carver keeps banging on about.

On recent form he deserves to start in central midfield versus the alternatives.

He's better than gouffran.

So they screwed him over when he found out he had cancer, conveniently wheeled him back out to take some of the heat out of the protests a few months back and now this. Shameless.

I hope this spectacularly backfires for Carver and co. The difference between Jonas and the players they've ostracised in the past is that he's got a massive amount of good will behind him from the football world in general at the minute.

Find it a bit annoying that the national media haven't picked up on his comments about how awfully we've treated him. Just seems to have been ocassional articles in the local media or Argie papers unless I've missed something

Find it a bit annoying that the national media haven't picked up on his comments about how awfully we've treated him. Just seems to have been ocassional articles in the local media or Argie papers unless I've missed something

Exactly what I was thinking as well. As usual they seem to miss everything regarding Ashley unless it's shoved in their faces.

I reckon Jonas has played his last game for us cos he's probably within 1 appearance of getting an automatic extention to his contract.  Fair enough to leave him out if true, don't want to be burdened with the wages of a guy who isn't good enough.

I reckon Jonas has played his last game for us cos he's probably within 1 appearance of getting an automatic extention to his contract.  Fair enough to leave him out if true, don't want to be burdened with the wages of a guy who isn't good enough.

From what I've read, I think that's based on starts not appearances.