Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

By far the most passionate player on the pitch yesterday and he has been better since his return than before. Would have him lead the team out against West Ham if we are safe by then and take him off towards the end. Great, faithful servant to the club if not the best of our players.

Can't see any kind of deal being done unfortunately. I'd like him to stay around the place in some capacity, not sure on his coaching credentials but he's obviously very popular and can be a positive influence in the dressing room.

Edit: talking about a non playing role for him, though he likely wants to play on

Can't see any kind of deal being done unfortunately. I'd like him to stay around the place in some capacity, not sure on his coaching credentials but he's obviously very popular and can be a positive influence in the dressing room.

Edit: talking about a non playing role for him, though he likely wants to play on

Sadly I agree.

I'd keep him on as a player tbh, more than capable of being backup - would you rather have Jonas on the bench or Obertan/Gouf/Sammy?

I would keep him as a squad player under a manager who knows that's his role.

I'd tend to agree with you Ian, especially if we do end up being relegated, I think his experience from last time round would help us immensely. Plus he's one of the very few positive influences in the team, you can't buy that.

Sadly I agree.

I'd keep him on as a player tbh, more than capable of being backup - would you rather have Jonas on the bench or Obertan/Gouf/Sammy?

I'd rather replace them but I guess we know they'll be the alternatives. We rarely seem to sell and replace a player because they're poor, just cling onto the shit like Obertan because they're worthless.

People forgetting how bad Jonas is at actual football again

In an ideal world he'd be replaced with someone much better, but we all know this isn't an ideal world, it's Ashley's world and he's never going to replace all the dross we have at the moment. With that in mind, even though his best days are over, he is much higher up the pecking order imo than a lot of the other dross we have.

I can't speak for everyone but I'm not saying keep him at all costs, more that he should be kept over other players if not just for the fact he has some pride in NUFC and is a positive influence, unlike his fellow cunt-ry man Colo.

I'm not sure about anyone else but regardless of what a nice fella he is he shouldn't be playing for us period.

Shola is a nice chap and all but I don't want him anywhere fucking near us.

All Jonas and his great dressing room influence has got us is a relegation dogfight. Let's not forget his best mate is captain coward who has been wonderful for the dressing room.