Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Pissed on virtually every right-back? What a load of nonsense that is. Routledge was the only winger pissing on players for us that season.

That's not true like. The only right back that got the better of him that season was Perch. :lol: He was easily one of our best players, not that I think he'd be any good in the Championship now.

I remember plenty of games in that division where he had little impact. He's just not very good. Never has been.

My recollection of Gutierrez that season was that he was piss poor for the first 10 or so games, then started to perform a lot better and generally did rather well, other than the game against Perch.

Guest firetotheworks

Pissed on virtually every right-back? What a load of nonsense that is. Routledge was the only winger pissing on players for us that season.

That's not true like. The only right back that got the better of him that season was Perch. :lol: He was easily one of our best players, not that I think he'd be any good in the Championship now.

I remember plenty of games in that division where he had little impact. He's just not very good. Never has been.

That's a load of rubbish man. You not liking him doesn't mean that he's never had his uses.

That's a load of rubbish man. You not liking him doesn't mean that he's never had his uses.

I do like him. And you're the one talking rubbish. He's pretty much a perfect professional and clearly a nice, admirable person. Poor footballer, though. Mostly awful in our relegation season and underwhelming in the Championship. Had a decent time of it from early 2011 to mid '12 when it was basically his function to just protect the full-back and graft through games while the rest of the side put points on the board.

Nah. I make absolutely no apologies for thinking attacking players who can't make things happen in the final third aren't very good.

Guest firetotheworks

None of that changes the fact that he wasn't underwhelming in the Championship at all, in fact he was very good that season, as he should be considering the massive drop in quality.

Still reckon Jonas' best form for us was playing central in the 433 towards the end of the season we finished 5th. 

Should have continued there but was inexplicably moved back to the wing the following season.

Totally agree with that like. He played more of a central role.

Except Colback, as medicore as he often is, is better in almost every area.

Dunno, Jonas has shown a lot of positivity in the time he's played, and he's beaten a few men with dribbles as well. It's not going to happen anyway I suppose.

Guest firetotheworks

Still reckon Jonas' best form for us was playing central in the 433 towards the end of the season we finished 5th. 

Should have continued there but was inexplicably moved back to the wing the following season.

That 433/4231 worked so well like.

I would probably play him in a midfield 3 for the rest of this season TBH, ideally with Anita and Sissoko.

People that willfully suggest Anita as a starting player for Newcastle United must not have watched him. He was the worst player that appeared on the pitch last Saturday and imo, it is not an especially rare occurrence. I'd prefer Jonas to him for reasons other than sentiment.

That 433/4231 worked so well like.

dat west brom first half

He often did so much better when the onus wasn't completely on him to create and be the main source of threat. Purely as a winger he was painful to watch at times, but when he was in a more defensive and retreated role he was more effective because of the element of surprise and extra space from being that extra man.

Nothing in that interview comes as a surprise, the club is run by scum.

Eurosport article was in my Facebook feed and was reading through the comments (which I know I shouldn't)...

So many people making the note that the club is run by cockneys and supported by Geordies etc etc... Going on and on about "dem being cockney scum" is such a disservice to the whole argument. It's very frustrating to hear and read.

They're just cunts. Regardless.

• 2 weeks later...