Henry (Bartons Tormentor)

Crumpy Gunt

Mick McCarthy is blaming Shearer and Hansen for labeling his team as dirty.

Ummmm, no Mick, that would be your tactics and your captain that are doing that for you.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy on his side earning a reputation for aggressive play since their 1-1 draw with Newcastle last month: "I would like to thank Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer. We had tackled poor old Newcastle. That was a competitive game - Newcastle are not shrinking violets - and so was today's game. It's driven the suggestions that we are a dirty side and it affects officials and crowds. We are not a dirty side."

I thought nufc.com got it spot on in their match report about Shearer's MOTD comments and analysis as copied below.

Disappointingly and inexplicably, Alan Shearer and the Match of the Day chaps seemed to find the whole Barton episode hilarious.

Well, Big Al and his chums may have been giggling on the sofa but there didn't appear to be too many chuckles among the travelling fans or players as they witnessed the assaults.

Had McCarthy's plans been successful and Barton been dismissed or hospitalised, United would have left Molineux defeated and facing the next few Premier League games without their most influential midfielder.

Side-splitting stuff eh...?

You would have thought that our former number nine, of all people, would appreciate the value of every single Premier League point.

Guest Stephen927

I think most fans appreciate the physical side to the game, rolling your socks up and putting your foot in, but Cattermole really takes the piss.

Mick McCarthy is blaming Shearer and Hansen for labeling his team as dirty.

Ummmm, no Mick, that would be your tactics and your captain that are doing that for you.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy on his side earning a reputation for aggressive play since their 1-1 draw with Newcastle last month: "I would like to thank Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer. We had tackled poor old Newcastle. That was a competitive game - Newcastle are not shrinking violets - and so was today's game. It's driven the suggestions that we are a dirty side and it affects officials and crowds. We are not a dirty side."

Presumably he thinks they should have not reported what happened then?

Totally agree and I quite like watching hard robust players. David Batty for example was a great player - hard but always fair.

God I'd love to see jumped up little cunts like Henry or Cattermole go up against genuine hard men like Batty or Roy Keane, they wouldn't last 20 minutes.

Guest firetotheworks

Totally agree and I quite like watching hard robust players. David Batty for example was a great player - hard but always fair.

God I'd love to see jumped up little c***s like Henry or Cattermole go up against genuine hard men like Batty or Roy Keane, they wouldn't last 20 minutes.

Aye, Big Dunc would be the ultimate.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Geordiesned

Let's just make it clear. He hasn't defended it and has said it was a red card, which it obviously was.

He is trying to suggest it was out of character for Henry though. My eyes in my head tell me otherwise.

• 1 month later...