Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

We don't have the cash to spend on a decent striker. Even the sales of some of the deadwood wouldn't give us enough money to improve what we already have.

Our only hope would be a loan deal, who, I don't know? Maybe someone like Macheda? Sturridge? Vela? Even the likes of these would be hard to sign as they would be needed if any of the respective teams lost a striker to injury. Obviously Robbie Keane springs to mind, but he has looked below-par for a long time.

Personally, I can see us going for someone like Steve Morison come January.

Would be very surprised to see Smith back at Leeds after his Manc stint.

Leeds fans I know still love him, after it was revealed why he joined Man Utd, which was after the friendly at SJP hence why they still boo'd.

Either that or Ashley has a manager lined up & will have to give him money to spend

Yeah right, this is MA we're talking about :lol:

Bit of a non-story, thought I'd post it here:

Newcastle are set to miss out on the signing of Young Boys striker Emmanuel Mayuka after the sacking of Chris Hughton. (TalkSport)

Just like it was Hughton who desided who we would buy  :lol:

Andy Carroll to be sold in order to finance some lesser (or older) striker with enough money to finance the new players wages and bring a bit more into the kitty for operating expences.

We all know this is going to happen in January right?

And the rumours start.

Just been on the phone to my mate, whos friend was out on the piss with that cockend agent Willie McKay or however you spell it.

Anyhow, long story short, Barton is off to West Ham come January.

My mates friend had no reason to bullshit...so just sharing this with you all.

Andy Carroll to be sold in order to finance some lesser (or older) striker with enough money to finance the new players wages and bring a bit more into the kitty for operating expences.

We all know this is going to happen in January right?

No.

And the rumours start.

Just been on the phone to my mate, whos friend was out on the piss with that cockend agent Willie McKay or however you spell it.

west ham can't afford his wages

And the rumours start.

west ham can't afford his wages

My thoughts exactly...but as I say, just saying what I've had passed my way.

Not too Sure if this is the right place for this BUT

A polish guy I work with (who looks remarkably like Gollum from LOTR but with 99% less teeth) has just rattled on about how a 'Lot' of the Polish Media are banging on about Newcastle being after Tomasz Kuszczak of Man Utd F(ail)AME.

Don't know whether to read too much into it as I am sure he was only waffling on so he could get hold of my ring [insert joke here]

Not too Sure if this is the right place for this BUT

A polish guy I work with (who looks remarkably like Gollum from LOTR but with 99% less teeth) has just rattled on about how a 'Lot' of the Polish Media are banging on about Newcastle being after Tomasz Kuszczak of Man Utd F(ail)AME.

Don't know whether to read too much into it as I am sure he was only waffling on so he could get hold of my ring [insert joke here]

The Polish media ain´t reliable for shit. Always think our players are 10x better than they really are and overhype everything to oblivion. I remember Jakub Błaszczykowski being frequently linked with Liverpool (and even Real Madrid at some point...) then  after some months of speculation a Polish reporter asked Benitez about Kuba and Benitez had no clue what player he was talking about, never heard of the lad. Kuszczak is a good shot stopper but he´s weak as piss in the air and his distribution is the worst I´ve ever seen, I´d much rather keep Krul. Kuszczak is 28 years old now and if he ever had potential then it´s long gone by now.