Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Really shouldn't happen. Ability wise it'd be a step up on the left flank. But not enough to be worth the trouble he'd bring though.

Aye, true but I was only thinking talentwise. Sorry but Jonas is crap.

I think " realistic " targets are/should be :

Sebastian Larsonn - think I read something in the papers about him and his contract or birmingham not meeting his expectations etc .  . . .

Landon Donovan ( Loan )  - short term only , but would help see is through a few months which could be important to our season

Jonny Evans ( Loan ) - until the end of the season . Was in the papers he could be sent out on loan in January. I have no confidence in Sol at all and think Jonny Evans would continue to give colo and wili some much needed competition .

Steven Pienaar - Apparently Moyes needs to sell to make funds for a new striker in january , I would say you'd be lookng at £5m for him probably a little bit too expensive for the funds we would have available.

I think " realistic " targets are/should be :

Sebastian Larsonn - think I read something in the papers about him and his contract or birmingham not meeting his expectations etc .  . . .

Landon Donovan ( Loan )  - short term only , but would help see is through a few months which could be important to our season

Jonny Evans ( Loan ) - until the end of the season . Was in the papers he could be sent out on loan in January. I have no confidence in Sol at all and think Jonny Evans would continue to give colo and wili some much needed competition .

Steven Pienaar - Apparently Moyes needs to sell to make funds for a new striker in january , I would say you'd be lookng at £5m for him probably a little bit too expensive for the funds we would have available.

Realistic suggestions mate, but even though i feel pienaar to be a great footballer, i believe he is on the decline :(

Whatever happened to Michael Johnson at City? Looked good 3 or 4 seasons ago, never heard from him since. Not that I think we need him.

I dont think Ireland and Nolan could play in the same team, good player though.

Don't want Robbeh Keane, would love to punch him in the face.

Whatever happened to Michael Johnson at City? Looked good 3 or 4 seasons ago, never heard from him since. Not that I think we need him.

I dont think Ireland and Nolan could play in the same team, good player though.

Don't want Robbeh Keane, would love to punch him in the face.

Michael Johnson off to Wolves on loan allegedly.

Krul

Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique

Larsson, Tiote

Barton,            Donavon,            Ben Arfa

Carroll

Larsson as a holding midfielder?

No, that is Tiote. I haven't seen much of Larsson, but most people seem to rate him and he could be realistic. I put him in the centre as a cm rather than a dcm. The main reason being that Barton has done well on the right.

Krul

Larsson, Tiote

Carroll

No, that is Tiote. I haven't seen much of Larsson, but most people seem to rate him and he could be realistic. I put him in the centre as a cm rather than a dcm. The main reason being that Barton has done well on the right.

But Larsson is a wide player. His main attribute is a very good right foot, he'd be massively wasted in a central position.

If Barton keeps performing the way he has, we really don't need another RM.

Krul

Larsson, Tiote

Carroll

But Larsson is a wide player. His main attribute is a very good right foot, he'd be massively wasted in a central position.

Realy ? I thought he was more of a cm who can play wide. I willl take your word for it.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

Larsson, Tiote

Carroll

We can't be sure with injuries and suspensions Barton will always be available

Donovan's best position is behind the striker.  He's an outstanding passer of the ball with very good vision, and obviously a lot of pace (amazing that a fair few Earthquakes fans used to bitch that he wasn't fast enough).  He's also a great finisher, but lacks a killer instinct.  Would likely pass the ball if he had an open net.  He's an average dribbler, who won't beat you with skill but with pace.  The weakness that would be brutally exposed in Newcastle, however, is his horribly fragile personality.  He claims that he has changed, but I highly doubt it.  The feeling at the club has to be perfect for him, or he disappears into mediocrity, which is what I think would happen here. 

Seen this all before with the Earthquakes, the Galaxatives, and the U.S.  Could have been an incredible player, but doesn't have the nuts for it.

Guest MrSundlofer

Some players Alan Pardew bought during his time at West Ham:

Teddy Sheringham (England)

Sergei Rebrov (Ukraine)

Carl Fletcher (Wales)

Luke Chadwick (England)

Malky Mackay (England)

Yossi Benayoun (Israel)

Lionel Scaloni (Argentina)

David Bellion (France)

Dean Ashton (England)

Yaniv Katan (Israel)

Jérémie Aliadière (France)

Jonathan Spector (USA)

Carlos Tévez (Argentina)

Lee Bowyer (England)

Javier Mascherano (Argentina)

John Paintsil (Ghana)

George McCartney (Northern Ireland)

Carlton Cole (England)

Maybe this can give some kind of view what kind of players he's after.