Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Guest kingdawson

Alan Hutton.

Aye, I was just thinking that last night actually. Shame twitchy was asking for stupid money over the summer.

I'd take David Bentley aswell tbh, since they basically don't play him.

Stupid money? we'd have probably accepted 5m.

Anyway now that Corluka is in bad form, maybe he does have a future with us (ltough kaboul has also been very good since his return to the club).

I remember an £8 million figure being bandied about at one point, maybe that was just media speculation or something. £5 million is probably about his value.

I think he's good player, never seen him have a bad game. Although you could probably give me an example.

He's had countless bad games for us and his positional sense is very bad. Yesterday he was good though and with Corluka being off form he may stick around.

Guest kingdawson

What so we could fatten him up for "you lot"? No thanks.

?

Both look very promising and both are better than your current rb (imo). I don't see the problem but whatever.

If we loose S. Taylor, we should go for David Wheater imo.  At the moment we need a new right back(dont rate simpsons and perch), S.Taylor might do a decent job there. 

We also need another Striker, we cant just rely on a 21 year old to do the business in 38 games. Would be nice picking up a player with accelration and pace, so we can play with two up front and have a kind of shearer bellamy partnership.

• 3 weeks later...

Tottenham midfielder Niko Kranjcar has admitted he may have to leave the club after growing frustrated at a lack of first team opportunities at White Hart Lane. (the Times) - worth a loan bid if Ben Arfa is out IMO.

Whether a) Spurs would let him go or b) he would move, is probably highly debatable though.

Tottenham midfielder Niko Kranjcar has admitted he may have to leave the club after growing frustrated at a lack of first team opportunities at White Hart Lane. (the Times) - worth a loan bit if Ben Arfa is out IMO.

I'd sign him on in a heart beat. This guy can play anywhere in midfield and has good cross and decent set pieces. Although I'd rather sign a striker to play alongside Carroll, I wouldn't say no to Kranjcar.

Would be a quality signing, would love us to go for Bentley as well. We'd probably just offer a few million for Kranjcar in Jan to tempt them.

like kranjcar but not at all sure about bentley.

Bentley at Blackburn was quality.

10+ assist a season and chipped in with goals. Seems like a prancing fanny now though.

The talent is still in there, I reckon Redknapp would be pleased to get shot of him and we could get him on the cheap. Bentley seems the type who will kick up a fuss if he isn't played but when faith is showed in him will flourish. Would give Carroll a lot more ammunition than Routledge or Jonas that's for sure.

I would take him to play right back even if it was on loan till the end of the season

Brown fears for United future

Manchester United defender Wes Brown has been left frustrated by his lack of first team appearances for the team so far.

The 31-year-old, who only has one and a half years left on his contract, is just one short of 200 Premier League starts but it might be a while before he reaches that milestone.

When asked whether he is frustrated at being on the sidelines, he said: "Yeah, a little bit.

"But I've always had to deal with that situation throughout my career.

"It's something I've learned to handle. We've got lots of good players in defensive positions.

"I have to keep training hard and, when I do get a chance, play well.

"There's no point sulking and letting it get to you."

Brown has only started games against Rangers in the Champions League and the Carling Cup third-round tie with Scunthorpe.

He has over 349 appearances in a United shirt but his recent snubs by manager Sir Alex Ferguson this season has fueled speculation of a continued rift between the pair

Brown and Ferguson were at odds during United's pre-season tour of America over a night out organised by United's players.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item512423/Brown-fears-for-United-future/

Norwegian international Erik Huseklepp has confirmed he is still determined to secure a move in January.

The Brann forward has been tracked by a host of English clubs over the past 12 months, with Liverpool, Newcastle, Stoke, Blackpooland Nottingham Forest all thought to be admirers of the 26-year-old.

Huseklepp is now looking at January to move on, but insists he is not letting it distract him.

"It's no secret that I want to move, but it is not something I think about all the time." Huseklepp told Nettavisen.

"I used to, and I let it affect my performance so I just had to drop it."

French club Le Mans had wanted to sign him on loan in January but he insists he does not want to move on a temporary basis.

"It was never considered, I don't feel that I am in a position where I need to go on loan." he added.

"Additionally, it's a poor club and you can only imagine what the options would have been."