Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Guest tlatish

Bentley would be my number 1 pick.

Alan Hutton.

Aye, I was just thinking that last night actually. Shame twitchy was asking for stupid money over the summer.

I'd take David Bentley aswell tbh, since they basically don't play him.

Is Hutton not first choice now? Was really hoping we'd go in for him in the summer but aye they will be wanting 6m at least surely.

I think Corluka is first choice but is currently injured.  I may be wrong though.

I think Corluka is healthy now, but Hutton's form has kept him in first eleven. I would imagine Corluka comes back into the team soon.

I know that Adam Johnson rumour is 99% a non-starter (although similar was said of Ben Arfa) but imagine a front 4 of:

Johnson  Ben Arfa  Jonas

Carroll

:fwap:

Shame it'll never happen.  :lol:

Just spoke to Tioté on the phone, he told me we're after Gervinho!

Gervinho is fantastic, young, Black, and expensive.

How much do you think he would cost? Around £8m? More? I know it's alot of money, but imagine him playing off Carroll, he can also play in other positions and in different roles. He would improve our team and squad alot and is still young, i know that maybe we dont have that much money if we do/did i do

think he would be willing to come here, even if it's alot of money i think it would be money well spent, it's not like we're throwing money into the trash can, it's almost a safe investment and he would increase in value quite rapidly. There are other positions that needs to be strengthened of course, we cannot afford him in january i know, but next summer wouldn't be impossible imo. But if there's one position now that needs to be adressed it's up front! Carroll gets injured or we dont get goals through him we're f***ed, we really are!

Djibril Cisse linked to Fulham & Villa. 12 goals in 11 games in Greece this season, worth a shot? Think him and Ben Arfa had a bit of a fight at Marseille but think he'd be perfect for Carroll.

His age and the fact he relies heavily on pace would be a major downside, not to mention his attitude and scoring record in England all count against him.

Teams would fear seeing him on the team lineup more than Ameobi, Ranger, Best et al, however we could have said the same thing about Martins.

He does seem to be scoring a lot of goals over there though. A gamble but on the right terms (sensible fee/wages) maybe worth a punt. Would certainly bring in attributes we really lack at the moment, and as you say him and Carroll on song would be a handful for defenders.

Djibril Cisse linked to Fulham & Villa. 12 goals in 11 games in Greece this season, worth a shot? Think him and Ben Arfa had a bit of a fight at Marseille but think he'd be perfect for Carroll.

His age and the fact he relies heavily on pace would be a major downside, not to mention his attitude and scoring record in England all count against him.

Teams would fear seeing him on the team lineup more than Ameobi, Ranger, Best et al, however we could have said the same thing about Martins.

He does seem to be scoring a lot of goals over there though. A gamble but on the right terms (sensible fee/wages) maybe worth a punt. Would certainly bring in attributes we really lack at the moment, and as you say him and Carroll on song would be a handful for defenders.

Course he's scoring a lot more goals over there, he's playing in pissing greece :lol: