Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

am wondering if we should sell jonas and buy downing.

Not that i am big fan of downing but he can be good crosser.  I did wonder if there is some other position for jonas, like in the nolan role, but tbh he doesnt seem to be confident enough to play there?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

am wondering if we should sell jonas and buy downing.

Not that i am big fan of downing but he can be good crosser.   I did wonder if there is some other position for jonas, like in the nolan role, but tbh he doesnt seem to be confident enough to play there?

:lol:

probably mentioned but Adam Hammil form Barnsley looks a very good player....rumoured 500k buy out clause. A couple clubs are interested according todays papers....doubt us are one of them given the sudden recent events.

I like the look of him. Would like to see a bit more of him on the box but I guess Barnsley are not on SKY must show list.

I guess Nugent wouldn't cost much, better than what we have? Surely if we traded Shola or Loven he would be literally free.

Aye I'd take him for a mil or so. Wouldn't want him starting though. Carroll + A.N. Other with him on the bench.

Guest MrSundlofer

The Sunday Sun understands there is credence in the link to Rickie Lambert, the Southampton striker.

He may also take a gamble on former Newcastle forward Marlon Harewood, who enjoyed an up-and-down spell at St James’ Park last season.

Pardew hopes to coax around £10million from Derek Llambias and Mike Ashley in January, although that is a transfer war chest which might have to be supplemented by player sales.

US international Landon Donovan, who was superb for Everton during a short loan spell last season, has been offered to the Toon and Pardew is understood to be keen.

Wouldn't mind Donovan. He has been known to play wide as well so gives options elsewhere. The young guy from Southampton is also a decent shout, Lallana is it? I always got the impression he could play at a higher level and, as a young squad player, we could do worse. I guess that depends on if Pardew tried it on with his girlfriend/mum though.